Dana 50 Independent Pieces

Rocket Ryantist

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Howdy folks, have a 93 f-250 with the Dana 50 auto lockers I took apart the other day and noticed one side is missing half of the cam for the locking mechanism.
Parts counter workers have been no help and exhaustive googling has been no help.
I'm wondering if there are any resources to purchase individual pieces of this or am I stuck buying the entire auto hub assembly? I also plan on calling around to scrapyards.
I have this exploded view I found , in which what I need is #5. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 97autohub.jpg
    97autohub.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 48

mblaney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would recommend installing manual locks. I couldn't find much info on parts for the autos.

Edit: I found some comments on other websites, guys complaining about the auto lockers failing, specifically the cam ring. Apparently Ford used to sell a repair kit but no more. For the cost and reliability it seems like it is preferred to install manual locks (Warn or MileMarker).

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This^^^^ ditch them. First thing I taught my son about the truck was how to lock in the hubs. ;Sweet

The Warn premiums are nice but overkill if you aren't ******* stuff. I think you can have a set of mile markers for around $100 and then it's all new.

Did you end up getting it all apart the other day? I don't remember seeing a follow up.

DaveBen

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have ordered my 4 trucks without auto hubs and Shift-On-The_Fly transfer cases. I can and do get out of the truck/Jeep to lock my hubs before needed.

mblaney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"Real trucks don't have spark plugs... or auto-locking hubs." - Me :rotflmao

Add to that list... Real trucks do not have:
- carpet
- power mirrors
- smooth ride
- aluminum rims
- 4 wire trailer connector
- FM radio
- chrome bumpers
- remote starter
- power seat
- 4X4 stickers

:rotflmao-Flame Thr:backoff

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score
My truck doesn't have aluminum rims, the entire wheel is aluminum. What is a rim? Any more and this would go to the refinery.