D60 finally is in...

NJGearhead666

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A few weeks ago I put in an D60 I got out of a 95 F350. put new ball joints and brakes on it while it was on the jack stands. repacked the bearings and new U-joints in axle shafts. After I gave her an alignment good enough to just get her to the tire shop I took her for a test run. The ride was completely different then the D50 but seemed to have some better handling. the next day I headed to the tire shop and while on the road doing about 55 I got hit with the death wobble for the first time in my life. Scared the hell out of me! :mad:

You must be registered for see images attach

Now I just need to find myself a 350 driveshaft and yoke for the transfer case.

Last edited:

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now I just need to find myself a 350 driveshaft and yoke for the transfer case.
There are reports on here that the F250 shaft will fit if flipped around. Regarding the yoke, try running the fixed yoke off the rear of a Bronco transfer case, the Bronco NP208 rear yoke matched my F350 front shaft (originally mated to a BW1345 case) perfectly. The NP and BW yokes are different (31 vs. 32 teeth), but find a BW-cased Bronco and it should have a CV shaft with a yoke for you. For that matter you may be able to grab the whole Bronco rear shaft and have it shortened to where it fits your front axle well, if you can't find a proper F350 shaft...

Also do yourself a favor and drop a steering damper in there, the axle already has the hoop for it under the passenger side spring so all you need is a bracket for the tie rod and of course a damper to match it all.

NJGearhead666

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i

Also do yourself a favor and drop a steering damper in there, the axle already has the hoop for it under the passenger side spring so all you need is a bracket for the tie rod and of course a damper to match it all.

already put the damper in. Just didn't have the bracket that goes on the tie rod when I took this pic. I will have to look into the 250 driveshaft flip option, thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GaryB

Members online