Crew Cabs and Big Meats let’s see pics

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
Hey to all you crew cab owners. I’m thinking that the blizzard needs some big wheels and tires. But I don’t know how big I want to go.

If you’ve got a crew cab, (either IDI or obs PS) and some oversize meats, please post a pic, along with wheel and tire size, and the amount of lift if any.

Just trying to get some ideas.

Below is the rig I want to raise.

Attachments

• Picture 003.jpg
    Picture 003.jpg
    570.9 KB · Views: 37
  • blizzard3.jpg
    blizzard3.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 27

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Rob,
I think Darrin has a set of bigger tires(BFG's) and some rims that would look pretty schaweet on the Blizzard.;Sweet

metrojd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tires

I have a 93 crew and I have 265-75-R16 And they are close to the front bumper when turning.
I actually think they would hit the bumper if I hit a bump wile turning.
I will puy some pics up tomarrow when it is light.
John

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Hey Rob, Monday I will post a couple of pics of trucks that I have sold with aftermarket rims and tires. They are on my computer at the lot.

You can get 315's to fit with a front add-a-leaf, and shiming the front bumper out. It may also take a little trimming of the front bottom corner of the bumper as well.

Here is a link to my brothers CC with 315 BFG's. He has a reverse shackle kit on the front, and the rear is stock height.

http://community.webshots.com/user/dtosh1965

Like Ron said, I also am looking at selling the rims and tires that are on my truck in the pics in the sig. They are aftermarked alloys, with 315 BFG's. It is a real nice set, and they polish up nice, You saw them at the GR Rally.

I kinda like these rims and tires,....:love:

Attachments

• Painted 1.JPG
    Painted 1.JPG
    204.8 KB · Views: 36

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
Dude!Sweet T-maxx.I need to get mine back together.Stock is cool but now with a big block it ROCKS!But don't try to accellerate though a curve!

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dude!Sweet T-maxx.I need to get mine back together.Stock is cool but now with a big block it ROCKS!But don't try to accellerate though a curve!

i had 2 almost 3 TMAXXs.hated the things.i pretty much gave them away to get rid of them.one with a bigblock that blew tranny and diff gears every run.and a stocker that never ran right.

wanna accelerate through a curve?get a savage!

and to stay on topic here is a picture of a friends truck.i forget what size lift and tires he has on it though.ill ask him next time he calls me.http://rides.webshots.com/photo/1367851906046340268gBrtgV

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
Pretty much teh lil guys are the same as the big guys.More power means you gotta beef up the drive train too.Those plastic gears in the stock tranny suck big ones.Gotta love the Reverse delete all metal gear sets though.Stock the thing would FLY on the top end......I know,I forgot to change the reciever battery after I got it it used.......FULL THROTTLE 2ND GEAR DEAD CENTER FENCE POST........The newly installed aluminum bumper I bought made a nice 50 foot flight path nearly straight up.

Now with a big block I can't keep the front tires on the ground but I ain't tried to adjust anything yet.Lost a little top end but bottom end off the line torque is out of this world.....Kinda like a Mini diesel running on Nitro Methane.

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
Rob,

I'm running 285/75/16's with a 2 inch lift. I wanted to put a little distance between the wheel openings a tire but still have the wifey be able to get in if she was all purdy & wearing a skirt:love: . It gives it a nice stance while not being obnoxious. I would like to go to 305's though for a wider footprint at the same height. Just my .02

On edit: Also no rubbing anywhere with the lift installed. Heres ab better picture too.

Attachments

• P9170001.JPG
    P9170001.JPG
    73.6 KB · Views: 38
  • P9170002.JPG
    P9170002.JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 17
  • Truck web size.jpg
    Truck web size.jpg
    318.6 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
285/75/16 Not really OVERSIZED, but bigger than stock . No lift, no clearance issues

Attachments

• 97 Crew Cab.jpg
    97 Crew Cab.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 33

metrojd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Scott

Scott what is the red light on the bedside under your cross box?
Also what kinda lift do you have?
Looks good I think that is the hight I would like to go.
How do I post Pics? I have them in My Pics.
Thanks
John

Last edited:

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
Scott what is the red light on the bedside under your cross box?
Also what kinda lift do you have?
Looks good I think that is the hight I would like to go.
How do I post Pics? I have them in My Pics.
Thanks
John

My truck used to be a quick response unit for the FD I belong to. When I did the paint job, my buddy didn't feel like filling the holes where those lights are so I thought it would be cool to leave them in & leave them red to show a little heritage. Took my first fire call ever in this truck & drove it on it's last response the nite I bought it from the FD. The lights are justa reminder of all that. They aren't even hooked up anymore.

2" Tuff Country HD front leaf springs & 5" superlift block in the rear (need a 5 inch after you remove the factory block to get the truck level). The ride is pretty rough but tolerable.

When you finish typing the body of your post, scroll down the page to the section that says "manage attachments" & click it. Then click the brouse buttons to search your 'puter for the pic you want. Highlight the pic & click open. You can post up to 5 pictures I think. once you select all the pics you want, click upload & after a minute or so you will see a message that says pictures uploaded. Then you just click submit like usual. I think you can also type in a URL in those attatchment lines but I don't know a whole lot about that. Hope the helps.

We now return this thread to it's regularly scheduled topic!:D

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
Best I can do at the moment. Wifey is on the right, kids are mine. I cut the rest of the heffer's out so everyone wouldn't vomit upon opening. Couldn't do anything about the leftover moo-moo next to my wife. While I was searching, I found a picture of the cousin a a bikini!!!!

Attachments

• donna & the kids.jpg
    donna & the kids.jpg
    197.7 KB · Views: 58
  • mower1.jpg
    mower1.jpg
    563.2 KB · Views: 39
Last edited: