crew cab rear doors

jhnlennon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone here can tell me where i can get replacement rear doors for a 1991 ford crewcab. The ones I have now are pretty much shot. New or used doesnt matter, as long as they are solid. I havent been able to find any aftermarket new so far.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And that's why you should have bought a Chevy and shoved the IHC drivetrain in it - plenty of Suburbans out there you can raid for body parts :D On a more serious note, a junkyard is probably your best bet, or a company like Southern Truck...

SHIP4BRAINS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are 4 door fords sitting around here everywhere....although they are all probably shot too.

Seems the read doors in my '90 4 door aren't as "robust" as the front ....they don't latch as well, windows don't operate as well...etc....etc. and mine are damn near mint.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I may have a set available after I figure out how to open the pair that's stuck closed on my '86. I'm hoping I don't have to cut open the outer skin in order to get them opened.

Ottoparts

Whoa, that was fun!
Reaction score
How serious are we talking about? There are a couple of crewcab's on CL in my neck of the woods that are being parted out. I can try to get a hold of the people and go take a look (if they are not to far away).

jhnlennon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty serious about getting some, as I cant even open the drivers side right now and the passanger side isnt far behind it. As long as they aren't rusty and function is all i care about. I wonder how shipping 2 doors would be?

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
........... As long as they aren't rusty and function is all i care about............
you obviously haven't been near west coast trucks at all........:D:rotflmao:rotflmao:rotflmao
you just might swear after seeing one, that it just might be worth the trip out to take a truck home.

jhnlennon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Towcat, I have actually bought 2 trucks out of Wyoming already. An 84 ford crew cab and a 93 dodge diesel extended cab and yes they were clean( paint was still on the frames like it just came from the factory). The best part is that you can get them ALOT cheaper than you can around my area. Alot of it depends on what part of "the west" they come from though. Colorado seems to be the worst as they must use salt there or something or maybe its all the constant moisture they get from all the snow. I was just saying that i really dont care if they are dented ot anything, just as long as they are functional.

Ottoparts

Whoa, that was fun!
Reaction score
I gave the guy a call in the link I posted above. Looks as if he might already have a buyer for everything that is left over. He said to call him back this weekend. I tried.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
I may have a set available after I figure out how to open the pair that's stuck closed on my '86. I'm hoping I don't have to cut open the outer skin in order to get them opened.

Gotta pop the door panel off and readjust the forward door window track.

Gots one of those at the homestead. Seems that people want to slam the door on a 18 year old truck, even tho it closes nice and easy.-cuss
The window track seems to bind up on the door linkage and binds up to where it wont open either inside or out.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
too bad youre all so far away as i know where there are plenty of them in a junkyard.

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone here can tell me where i can get replacement rear doors for a 1991 ford crewcab. The ones I have now are pretty much shot. New or used doesnt matter, as long as they are solid. I havent been able to find any aftermarket new so far.

What years will fit the '91? There are a couple crews at my local wreckers in pretty good shape, not sure what shipping might be....