Crazy idea... Maybe

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
4bt 6bt sounds good a 6bt will move out there's a 350z on u tube with a powerstroke 7.3 it's possible but I would run a cummins it's a better fit with more options honestly a diesel would be sweet ur on the right track. As old bull said its a lot of work but your goin for cool factor and a cummins powered falcon says it all there a rat rod which ways jack sqwat has a 6bt on u tube and hauls balls. A Perkins would be cool too. 6bt has more options that would be my choice or 4bt more money tho. Again lol 6bt would scream don't mess with this lol. Good luck killer build don't back out lol

SHARPIE

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score
If you want the gasser look, why mess it up with a diesel drive? Save the IDI for a little truck or van, put in a cobra or Mach 2 engine and have some fun. They only cost about $2000 complete and running, and make up to 500 hp with little work. Or make it a low rider. Keep the straight six and bag it to the dirt. Low and slow is how the wimmins like it.

Black dawg

Reaction score
4bt 6bt sounds good a 6bt will move out there's a 350z on u tube with a powerstroke 7.3 it's possible but I would run a cummins it's a better fit with more options honestly a diesel would be sweet ur on the right track. As old bull said its a lot of work but your goin for cool factor and a cummins powered falcon says it all there a rat rod which ways jack sqwat has a 6bt on u tube and hauls balls. A Perkins would be cool too. 6bt has more options that would be my choice or 4bt more money tho. Again lol 6bt would scream don't mess with this lol. Good luck killer build don't back out lol

I cant begin to imagine how poorly those cars drive, I would go old school and light 351c 4v.

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
there's a 350z on u tube with a powerstroke 7.3
if i am thinking of the same video you are talking about then that vid is clearly FAKE!

there a rat rod which ways jack sqwat has a 6bt on u tube and hauls balls.

that 6bt rat rod is sick to say the least!

EDIT:

i believe this is the vid you are thinking of?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsyJTRgtaCY

Last edited:

ocnorb

IDIT
Reaction score
2300 Ford with a volvo 4 valve head?
Forgot, add a turbo too.

THIS!

2.3L Turbo motor would be a riot in that car. Not too light, but capable of some serious HP if you build it right, and a heck of alot lighter than any diesel!

Wyreth

Certifiable Noob
Reaction score
I've always kinda had the idea kicking around in my head to do a high RPM turbo build on the ford 300 strait six. It wouldn't be light, and it would be ALOT of custom work, but the idea does intrigue me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk

Members online