Craigslist motor and trans.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
It is out of a big truck or bus... Look at the starter area... You can see the bellhousing to frame mounts... That trans and bellhousing wont fit a pickup truck but the price is right... Probably needs an injector.. When they leak or stay open the sound is kinda like a rod knock... Funny how a fuel knock can cause someone to throw away a trans and motor... If thats whats really wrong.... Still for the asking price a person could make their money back selling parts if its a shot motor.....

wanabebig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats a heck of a deal!.. i'm gunna email the guy and see about that thing.. be nice to have for one of my projects or just a spare..

cewofford

7.3 IDI Turbo
Reaction score
he posted it a couple times and the price keeps coming down. one post said motor runs good. you could probably pick it up for $200 to $250 i would think

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
That tranny may be a Clark if I'm not mistaken. Great box, Can hold up to serious fleet abuse. Would much rather have than a ZF, although it might not be an OD box,

Fordsandguns

Fords Rule
Reaction score
he posted it a couple times and the price keeps coming down. one post said motor runs good. you could probably pick it up for $200 to $250 i would think

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I'm off work Sunday, I may just have to call him.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
My mistake, I contacted the guy, the tranny isn't a Clark, It's a Spicer ES42 -5A . Anyone looking for a SERIOUS good tranny for heavy hauling, there's your baby. Rated for 50,000 lb highway, 5th is direct, 1st is serious deep reduction 7.22:1 and Reverse has the same ratio ;Sweet