Full Access Member
Reaction score
Searching on CL came across two ZF-5 speeds on CL

These are both in Oregon

Charlie

tbowker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a lot cheaper than any junkyards I've seen advertised but being on the other side of the country is a deal breaker.

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guy I know down the road has an 87 F-250 4X4 C-6 20K miles (120 or 220) for $3500 he wants to sell to me,

That ZF 4 X 4 would be good, but that is a long drive up there even from here in NV, especially this time of year with snow etc....
Time I got going through the truck, probably another $2K.

Thinking about it, but for the 2 times a year I need one on those snowy days, I`ll throw in my Cables and Studded Tires.

Goat

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guy I know down the road has an 87 F-250 4X4 C-6 20K miles (120 or 220) for $3500 he wants to sell to me,

That ZF 4 X 4 would be good, but that is a long drive up there even from here in NV, especially this time of year with snow etc....
Time I got going through the truck, probably another $2K.

Thinking about it, but for the 2 times a year I need one on those snowy days, I`ll throw in my Cables and Studded Tires.
Saturday last week we were to get a dusting or maybe 1", ended up getting 8".I took on my Studded tires after the last big dump of snow then a spell of dry weather, so took them off,
I always have the cables in the bed all winter, but this year...well I procrastinated.
Was coming home and 2 little hills to come up and this storm was icy. She started to lose grip and I kept telling here com on baby you can do it, and the back end went over off the pavement, so just stopped. here I sat on an angle in the lane.
Lucky i had my tow strap and a guy coming down pulled me out.
Drove to O`Reallys and bought a set of cables and a Tarp at HP. Got em on and made it home.... $123 for the cables and $5 for the tarp.

Dang....hit quote instead of Edit.