Couple ??'s for people living in PA

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
during a rev i belive. idle to wot to idle.

also what he posted there is for commercial vehicles. not personal.

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well non commertial goes by the local municipalitys noise ordinace so look into it day there problly is no noise limit night there may be one

rjjp

Needs to go test
Reaction score
Thanks, that's what I needed ;Sweet

I'm not trying to start a war or anything, just trying to find out what is the minimum I have to have to be legal.

If I have to, I have a full system that is just slightly louder than stock I can put on.

During a DB check, are the DB's checked at speed or getting to speed?

Not sure out there, but here there are 3 limits, one in a neutral rev, one not to be exceeded on a road with a speed limit 35 or under and one on a road with a speed limit over 35.

gatorman21218

Reaction score
Can't say about Pennsylvania, but Virginia has a law that all exhaust systems must have a baffled exhaust. Yes they sell glasspacks all the time, and people run them all the time down here, but if you beg a cop to pull you over for it, he can and usually will give you a ticket for improper equipment. No decibel meters required down here.

yep. Knock on wood been lucky so far. Inspection cannot fail you for not having a muffler, but its still illegal.

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they can technially fail you its under emmitions which states it must be there and functioning