Couple ??'s for people living in PA

MidnightBlade

Shiftin' Smooth
Reaction score
My inspection isn't the problem, I passed that with flying colors. It's the Piggy that sits at the exit of my school parking lot and directs traffic :moon:. He stopped me Friday as I was leaving and told me to slow down (apparently 12 Mph is speeding in a 15 zone cookoo:backoff) and then guy asked me why I make so much noise when I leave every day (I shift at 2k). I didn't answer him, he started to walk away, I rolled up the window, dropped it in 2nd and punched it :mad:.

Oh, and I think it's also because he has something against my whole family :backoff. He asked me my dad's name so I told him, He rolled his eyes and kinda scoffed at the same time. :flipa

What I don't understand is another kid has a Duramax with a 3.5" straight pipe with a 9" tip (it's twice as loud as my truck) and EVERY FRICKIN' DAY he floors it when he leaves, chirps the tires, and is easily doing 55 in a 15 by the time he gets to the other end of the parking lot. All that just to get to Sheetz and all RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE SAME FRICKIN' COP :frustrate. I am just taking it easy on my way to work (That's right, I don't just go beg Daddy for money like the Duramax kid :bs) and he has a problem with MY truck. Someone needs to straighten him out :backoff;Pissed

Monday I'll be nice and quiet lugging it down im 3rd with a huge cloud following me and it will just so happen to accidentally cover him too :angel:

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
My inspection isn't the problem, I passed that with flying colors. It's the Piggy that sits at the exit of my school parking lot and directs traffic :moon:. He stopped me Friday as I was leaving and told me to slow down (apparently 12 Mph is speeding in a 15 zone cookoo:backoff) and then guy asked me why I make so much noise when I leave every day (I shift at 2k). I didn't answer him, he started to walk away, I rolled up the window, dropped it in 2nd and punched it :mad:.

Oh, and I think it's also because he has something against my whole family :backoff. He asked me my dad's name so I told him, He rolled his eyes and kinda scoffed at the same time. :flipa

What I don't understand is another kid has a Duramax with a 3.5" straight pipe with a 9" tip (it's twice as loud as my truck) and EVERY FRICKIN' DAY he floors it when he leaves, chirps the tires, and is easily doing 55 in a 15 by the time he gets to the other end of the parking lot. All that just to get to Sheetz and all RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE SAME FRICKIN' COP :frustrate. I am just taking it easy on my way to work (That's right, I don't just go beg Daddy for money like the Duramax kid :bs) and he has a problem with MY truck. Someone needs to straighten him out :backoff;Pissed

Monday I'll be nice and quiet lugging it down im 3rd with a huge cloud following me and it will just so happen to accidentally cover him too :angel:

Tell the cop to shove it(in a nice way) unless he has a radar slip and a decibel meter

MidnightBlade

Shiftin' Smooth
Reaction score
That's basically what I did. Even if he has a DB meter, my truck can be quiet as a mouse with a push of a pedal and a flick of my wrist. ;p

I'm waiting till he's sitting in the parking lot at the next football game. I have about 12 friends with some REALLY loud trucks, he can't catch us all at once :sly

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
All the way in the back. And then when he stopped me he called for backup. EVery cop in town was there(all 3LOL). It was kinda funny as everyone passed blowing the horn and screaming PIG:rotflmao

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't say about Pennsylvania, but Virginia has a law that all exhaust systems must have a baffled exhaust. Yes they sell glasspacks all the time, and people run them all the time down here, but if you beg a cop to pull you over for it, he can and usually will give you a ticket for improper equipment. No decibel meters required down here.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

don't bait the cop and you won't get undue attention.
if you're going to be a ********........be prepared to get sucked into the "system" and it's not like before where offenses are forgotten over time. It's all computerized now and it follows you.
one more thing, there's a few LEO's on this board.
there's even a USPS worker on this board too. he definitely keeps a low profile due to the general anger to the USPS.....:rotflmao:rotflmao:rotflmao

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok i may need to make a trip out ur way and show the cop my truck and get out of it.
but he cant give u a fix it order for something he doesnt know so unless he has another legit reason to pull you over he cant search for a muffler.
youre inspection for the muffler is visual is it there? does it appear to be working? very leiniant in its exact wording youll see when corey posts up.
but if you want to cover your ass and dont know youre inspection mech personally if he asks anything say its legally inspected and theres nothing he can do about it.

MidnightBlade

Shiftin' Smooth
Reaction score

Thanks, that's what I needed ;Sweet

I'm not trying to start a war or anything, just trying to find out what is the minimum I have to have to be legal.

If I have to, I have a full system that is just slightly louder than stock I can put on.

During a DB check, are the DB's checked at speed or getting to speed?