Couple quick questions..

Wvdirtroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trying to identify where these two connections go- the first is is a vacuum line coming off a 4 way (I believe) on the firewall. The hose was disconnected when I bought the truck and it's causing a lack of vacuum pressure in the system. Anyone know where it goes? The second picture is a plug on the drivers side right in front of the battery. I don't see any apparent place for it to plug into, but it comes out of a harness on the radiator support. Lastly- I pulled my injectors today and some of them had a lot of carbon sandy-ish crud on them. Is the normal for regular truck use assuming they haven't been changed in a long time?

You must be registered for see images attach

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
Does the truck have hydroboost brakes? If so, that may have been the line to the original vacuum brake booster. Or a hose for the cruise control servo.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the carbon is around the injector lower body below the threads, then the copper washer seal was leaking combustion.

Attachments

• 7.3 vacuum routing..jpg
    7.3 vacuum routing..jpg
    1,000.1 KB · Views: 9
  • 069.jpg
    069.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 7

Wvdirtroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The nozzle cap and injector body was covered in carbon some still wet with fuel even. I have a 89 F250 IDI regular cab. 4x4. I don't believe there is hydro boost on the truck, but then again I really don't know much about hydroboost.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Find where it comes from. I think he meant if you or someone had installed hydro.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Wvdirtroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The vacuum line comes off that 4 port valve on the firewall and runs to no where right now. I'm sure I could trail the electrical connector, but it comes out of a harness so I'd have to cut it open for however far to trace it.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
It doesn't look familiar to me.
Only thing u can think of in that area is the DRL plug. Module is gone since it's not a Canadian truck.
The vacuum line could be for the low vacuum warning thing. It mounts on the fender liner. 2 wire plug.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
Ah, didn't look so close at the background. I now see the vacuum manifold in your picture.

Is it attached to the right side of the manifold (while looking at it), but rotted to the passenger side?

Wvdirtroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got a bolt stuck in the end of it right now and taped. It goes to the left side upper port looking at it. Anyone have a pic of the low pressure warning switch?

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not a great pic. There's a current thread with one though.

Wvdirtroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome I'll see if I can find it. One more question... Side of my injectors say cav England..but I don't see any injector codes.. Anyone heard of these?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online