could be a bad problem

BP6.9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what does it mean when it steams out of the oil fill cap? its allways did it it the throttle response is great but its just steams it doesnt have any pressure blowing out of the oil cap so i dont think its blowbye, any help would be apreciated

BP6.9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh ok thanx ill check that in the morning. the motor itself has actually only right around 40,000 miles on it so ik the rings and all that is good thanx for the advice again

BP6.9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it only does it with the cap off i mean i just wanna check all my bases before i slap my new turbo on it, cuz i dont wanna blow the motor

mattplumber

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you need help with your truck, i'm in memphis. Not many guys on this forum around here. Sounds like blow by though. Nothing serious.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it only does it with the cap off i mean i just wanna check all my bases before i slap my new turbo on it, cuz i dont wanna blow the motor

When you put the turbo on it there will be a change in the way you vent the crankcase anyhow. But if you clean the CDR use diesel fuel to clean it, there is a rubber diaphram inside it and you don't want to destroy that. You can blow through one direction and not suck the other. Here is what it looks like.

Attachments

• DVC01411.JPG
    DVC01411.JPG
    298.7 KB · Views: 3
  • IDI CDR.jpg
    IDI CDR.jpg
    275.8 KB · Views: 4

BP6.9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanx thats very helpful and to the guy in memohis u can give me a call if u want, so its nothing to serious thow?

BP6.9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it does but wat does it mean if it does thow?
srry im only 17 and im trying to learn as much about these things as i can for my tech college im going to