could be a bad problem

1994Diesel

Constantly thinking
Reaction score
it does but wat does it mean if it does thow?
srry im only 17 and im trying to learn as much about these things as i can for my tech college im going to

Dont worry about it, we all had to start some where. ;Sweet

If the revs dont back down it basically means the cdr is supplying it with oil from the crank case to fuel it.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
it does but wat does it mean if it does thow?
srry im only 17 and im trying to learn as much about these things as i can for my tech college im going to

If you rev it up and the smoke goes away, then the engine is inhaling it and burning it off like it's supposed to and you don't have so much that it's not overwhelming the system, so you're good to go, but either a good cleaning or preferably just replace the thing as old as it is. Remember, it is a safety device aside from just emission control, it will prevent a runaway in the event of too much oil residue in the blowby, but it won't work if there's a hole in the diaphram.
Don't worry about asking questions , that's what were here for. I never met anyone yet who was born knowing how to do anything other than cry and wet themself . Everyone had to learn everything else somewhere.

BP6.9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im glad a freind suggested this site to me and yes it does go away wen i rev it and wen it idles its just enough to see it smoking out the oil cap, if it helps any my compression has been lowered to 19.5 to 1 it has ceramic coated pistons and hypermax internals and i finally have enough money to stud the heads with copper plated gaskets and im having them ported to with new injectors from dps and my new ats turbo system

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
im glad a freind suggested this site to me and yes it does go away wen i rev it and wen it idles its just enough to see it smoking out the oil cap, if it helps any my compression has been lowered to 19.5 to 1 it has ceramic coated pistons and hypermax internals and i finally have enough money to stud the heads with copper plated gaskets and im having them ported to with new injectors from dps and my new ats turbo system

how does it start cold with the lower compresion ratio?

BP6.9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it does alright were i live at below 25 degrees u definatley have to plug it in to get it to start and if i get anywere near 300 to 350 rwhp illl be smiling for along time lol

BP6.9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:peelouthow much torque yall think im looking at with this set up? im running a completely custom built c6 tranny with the stock axles with new internals that is geared to a 5:13 ratio and the t case has been rebuilt to, so as u can see im building this truck for one thing I WANNA PULL

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online