Core support, bushings, water pump, and?

The_Josh_Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have another thread about my dumb core support having rust rot and while I wait for the wreckers to get the replacement figured out and sent to me...

I realized my core support body bushings were shot. Best place to get new ones? All I can find are Poly but without the sleeves. (Had to cut one of mine out). And I doubt they are good choice for comfort.

And then I thought...I'm already here...may as well check the water pump for play. Of course it has a small clunk to it. Probably best to get motorcraft for this, eh?

What else should I check since I'm this deep???
Thanks gents!

You must be registered for see images attach

The_Josh_Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I looked an it was only the full kit for the whole cab. Which makes sense but at $85 I'd rather pay less than half that since I'm only using 1/3 of the kit.

Dirtleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While you're in there how's your steering box? Front seal? Brake lines off the master all good?

The_Josh_Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While you're in there how's your steering box? Front seal? Brake lines off the master all good?
Thanks for the tips, sterring box is actually a Red Head from 8-9 years ago and solid, front seal looks ok but the front passenger oil pan seal is leaking a bit...
I'll have to check the brake lines!