Coolant psi gage

87crewdually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
By the time you notice a high pressure condition, which shouldn't happen because the rad cap will bleed off excess, the damage is already done, i.e. head gasket failure. Almost immediately the temp will spike also which in any event requires immediate shutdown.

tenlug

Reaction score
I have also lost a freeze plug. When you lose all the coolant the temp gauges (factory and after market) don't have coolant to read, thus you can cook the motor. I smelled anti freeze, so I saved the motor. After that I put in a water pressure gauge and a light with a oil pressure sender. Light stays on until the motor warms up to about 140. Works for me, the draw back is the oil sender corrodes after about a year and needs replacing. Steve

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gary; since your so close to Arizona, why don't you run over there where they scrap out those 747's in the desert. They should have gages and sensors by the thousands. Take a vacation from ebay for one day, might get interesting. :dunno :thumbsup:

rjjp

Needs to go test
Reaction score
Gary; since your so close to Arizona, why don't you run over there where they scrap out those 747's in the desert. They should have gages and sensors by the thousands. Take a vacation from ebay for one day, might get interesting. :dunno :thumbsup:

The problem is that they tend to pull all the good parts before scraping, plus anything near modern has a glass cockpit if I could get photobucket to work I would post a picture of what they look like now days.

oldmisterbill

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score

REALLY!! Ya think a 747 will fit behind Gary's seat? Sounds like plan to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online