Complete Interior Removal - Sans Dash

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
Two layers of the stuff I used minimum. I still need to do my doors. I also find most of the noise comes from the engine bay so focus on the firewall. Thats pretty much it.

RedTruck

Reaction score
With covering as much of the area as you did for your shifter, did that seem to help? Would you do that part any differently now?

Would you have pulled the dash now or still did it the same way?

Thanks,

Paul

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
I'd do the shifter the same way - maybe even a 3rd layer to do away with the t19 noise even more. I didn't do the roof as it seemed a bad idea given how it gets 100+ in the summer here. I didn't pull my dash I cut small pieces and stuffed them up as best I could. I made sure to seal all firewall holes, I may go back with batting of some sort (fireproof of course) and stuff it in there at some point.

7.3IDIDSL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is this by any chance a tar based product like "peel 'n stick" for house construction?

You my friend are a genius...i had my interior torn apart about a year ago when i installed a new stereo and i wanted to soundproof the cab at the same time but decided not to after i priced out how much dynomat i would need to do the whole cab...but i work for a siding company and we use tons of "peel n stick" on the job site, which seems like pretty much the same thing as dynomat just free for meLOL. I think im going to have to borrow a few rolls from work and soundproof my cab!

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My main concern with anything actually adhered to sheet-metal, in this cesspool of humidity I live in, is the resulting corrossion that results from the constant temperature swings coupled with the water-laden atmosphere.

I would completely cover all the sheet-metal with one of those rust-proofing products, prior to adding the sound-proofing.

On another note, I have found that about 93% of noise that enters the cab does so via the shifter-boots.

I had the whole interior out of another 5-sp 4x4 truck; and, when I put the shifter-boots back on, I packed them with old carpet-padding.

It is amazing the difference in interior noise-levels this simple free fix yielded.