clutches

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
I have a deal in the works for a used LUK clutch and smf from a dodge for my 5.9....Buddy was upgrading to haul a bigger horse trailer...He almost puked when he saw the condition of his stock clutch - like new...:D.....$250 for the set is what he is asking and they will be mine for future use.;Sweet

Mat J

Way down south
Reaction score
i bought a valeo off ebay the 12.25 only have about 1000miles on it but it is very impressive over the stock set up. it holds great. i went with a kevlar pilot from ft wayne and a new slave. its like driving a new truck.

south bend clutch

Reaction score
Through my clutch search I have come up with the following, on a customer service note...

1) I Emailed south bend, and left them a voice mail, took a couple days and they responded with some of the information I requested... I still don't know what size clutch they are trying to sell me for $550 !

2) Clutch City in Florida has retured all my emails, and they sell a pretty nice kit, LuK 12.25" clutch, PP, flywheel, TOB, pilot bearing, bolts, etc... all for $595 with free shipping (and no sales tax on me here in CA)

3) Fort Wayne clutch will sell you a pieced together kit, with a Sachs flywheel, LuK disc, and Nammco PP and kevlar pilot for $500, plus shipping ($85 to me here in CA) This is their standard size clutch, standard duty 11"

For the money, I am going with the LuK kit from Clutch City... Plus they've been pretty helpful to me thus far... just my $.02 ;Sweet

I can get you all the part numbers for the parts I was quoted, if you like...

Our solid flywheel package is redrilled to except a 13" clutch as we are not fans of the 12 1/4" kits. Our kits come with everything included as well as our Kevlar bushing. Anything you buy over the phone if it ia out of your state does not have sales tax unless that company has a store front in that state.

Peter

91/2 7.3idi

BarnyardFabrication
Reaction score
thanks for all the input guys. i ended up buying another truck instead. :frustrate but i still need a clutch and i plan to put a cummins in my truck with in the next few months, so my question is if i keep my zf and put in a 12v, can i use the clutch from my idi?

65sixbanger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A question about the ZF TOB. I replaced mine about 2,000 miles ago and now it squeks, andis getting worse. It sounds like a bird is chirpping or something. Can I just grease it?

gatorman21218

Reaction score
Yeah mine too. the clutch and everything is fine engages good and whatnot. but the TOB hisses for about 10 mins until the engine has warmed up. only hisses when the bearing is cold

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine started chirping when I swapped the kit from one motor to another. Its been that way for 6 months or so. I figure as long as it works smoothly, I can turn the radio up a bit.

Ill replace it next time I need to pull the tranny.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk

Members online