Chicken lights

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What exactly did you do, glue the factory lenses to a pair of those oval LED assemblies usually seen on flat beds and tow trucks? Looks pretty sharp! However, may I suggest that you remove those small running lights, they look a bit out of place sticking out of your bumper like that, and as I already mentioned they are also rogue shopping cart bait - instead, if it were my truck, I'd cut some speedholes in it and run those recessed grommet-mount round lights Silver Bullet has on his truck, this way you still have your extra lighting but you can also use your bumper for pushing stuff out w/o worry about busting a light... Just an idea ya know.

Matrix37495

The Amish Wolfman
Reaction score
Actually we just cut out the back of the lens til the oval light would fit, then when we bolt it back in it's held in by the headlight bezel. The only thing that got cut on was the amber lens. I like the stealth feel, but i would like to have the whole oval showing cause its very bright. It's gonna get strobed at some point too.

For the running lights, i would like recessed lights, but i can't beat the price on these... $22 for 12 lights....that would buy about 4 of the 2" round leds....:D

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually we just cut out the back of the lens til the oval light would fit, then when we bolt it back in it's held in by the headlight bezel. The only thing that got cut on was the amber lens. I like the stealth feel, but i would like to have the whole oval showing cause its very bright.
Couldn't you make blank panels out of aluminum to replace factory lenses completely, then cut holes in those panels for your LEDs?

For the running lights, i would like recessed lights, but i can't beat the price on these... $22 for 12 lights....that would buy about 4 of the 2" round leds....:D
Did you not see Corey's post? "costs a lot to look good"

Matrix37495

The Amish Wolfman
Reaction score
I could have done the aluminum panel, but at the time we wanted to hide the ovals to keep the factory look.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I could have done the aluminum panel, but at the time we wanted to hide the ovals to keep the factory look.
I like that idea...I wonder if something similar could be done with the tail lights? I prefer the factory look, but I'm a big fan of LED's and I have a feeling those will light up considerably better than the "drop-in" LED 1157 replacements. Hmm... *gears grinding*

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
my next step is to tear into my taillamps and alter them into led. gears have been turning for a whlie.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my next step is to tear into my taillamps and alter them into led. gears have been turning for a whlie.
I imagine you'll do it before I do, so I would be a very happy camper if you were to take the time to document how you go about doing this...thank you very much in advance :angel: ;Sweet

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
morerunner

Members online