Cheapest METAL body lift?

jay22day

Dunce
Reaction score
There was a point to the Post
Read again I'm sure you'll get it eventually.
yeah apparently to not share any valuable input in relation to what the thread topic is actually about and to be a d!*k and tell me how sh!**y the modification im doing to MY truck looks. ;Sweet your a real class act!

this is why you don't Argue with Idiots.
as you'll notice im not attempting or caring to argue with you.... cookoo

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Which a 2 WD will ride better than a D60 any day of the week anyways though. Lol
So might not be a problem. I'd run em.

Sent from my SM-T537R4 using Tapatalk

jay22day

Dunce
Reaction score
Thats a really good point! i didint really think about it like that, i believe they said these trucks road like cars and thats why they designed the trans (auto) with "car like shifts" thanks again for the useful input!

jay22day

Dunce
Reaction score
Idk what your problem is or why you insist on bashing me and my threads adn my truck....then saying that Im being a ****??

if you cant be productive or at the very least.....jsut simply NOT INSULTING then you dont need to respond to ANY of my threads, there is plenty other people on this forums that ACTUALLY want to help!

were ARE trying to help you.
i never insulted your truck with stacks.
i simply stated that stacks, and body lifts go together.

yeah your sarcastic comment bashing my truck for having a stack and me wanting to body-lift for exhaust DP clearance, totally sounded literally and not insulting....you have everyone foooled LOL

especially with this post today:

stacks and bodylifts FTW

:rotflmao:puke:

#J*cka$$
#allaboutthoseproductiveposts

joe f350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dont do it it cause stress cracks in the floor bords like it is on mine
You must be registered for see images attach

jay22day

Dunce
Reaction score
dont do it it cause stress cracks in the floor bords like it is on mine

wwuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuaht? pic didnt work for some reason :/ ive never heard of this problem before though

Did you use all metal body mounts or something?

joe f350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lets see if it works know

jay22day

Dunce
Reaction score
still nothing, it should present in the thread rather than a link, im unsure how your uploading it but theres a tutorial on how to uplaod pics, it might help, its in the sticks at the top of the 6.9/7.3 forusm

joe f350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
here another one should be working know

jay22day

Dunce
Reaction score
uggggh pal....that looks cracked from rust, the hight your cab sits at has nothing to do with the stress on witch the cab is feeling (w/ the exception of a little more body sway), weather its stock hight or 3" up it still has 4 main supports of the cab that have the same amount of force put on each body mount.

Btw i would tackle that rust before it gets any worse, if i were you. the "crack" is from the rusted weekend metal, its been thined to the point its lost strength.

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I remember a few people back in high school that had body lifts done to their trucks. For the most part, they looked ok except for the guys who did a 3 inch+ body lift on their trucks. It just didn't look right for some reason IMO. I came close to doing a body lift to my gmc sonoma back in high school, but then I saw a guy with the same truck that had it and it steered me away. I ended up leaving it stock.
It is definitely the cheaper route when doing a lift on a vehicle.
This may be more of a question....since I do not know much about lifts in general, but wouldn't it be better to have a polyurethane spacer material that may have a little "give" to it? Maybe that would put less strain on cab mount locations :dunno.

jay22day

Dunce
Reaction score
my intentions is to keep the stock rubber mounts and "shim" under them to get 2" to add clearance to the Down pipe off the turbo. The poly mounts ride rougher/stiffer than rubber

jay22day

Dunce
Reaction score
hydro-idi: 2015 Ford F-250 XLT CC 4x4 Pickup, 6.7 powerstroke, 440hp, 860 ft/lbs stock . is that really the stock 6.7 numbers? o.0

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
One thing to remember, the Crew Cabs can stress crack from the twisting of that long frame in "off kilter" situations. We've even had a couple of member notice stress cracks after using the Poly Bushing kits from there being less flex in the mounts, and that is now transferred into the cab. I would be very weary about a body lift on a Crew Cab.... it may cause many undue headaches.

I, also am not a fan of body lifts..... the hockey puck ones that are not all that bad.... I just don't care for a lift, body or suspension, but that is my opinion. I have a few reasons to not want a lifted truck, personally. If you do a body lift, keep and eye on the cab afterward

The worst example of a body lift I saw was a post on here, taken from a sale ad local to the poster, id did not belong to a member, of a 2wd Slantnose regular cab. It had what looked like boat trailer rollers at each body point..... You know the ones that are like 4 or 5 inches long and look like a "dog bone"