Cheapest METAL body lift?

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i never ssaid i wanted to do a 4inch dp....

Properly lifting and fitting the body for clearance sounds "ghetto" but sledging a huge dent in it while you heat it with the torch right by all the electrical, the turbo, the engine, the heater box, ac lines etc is the correct, im assuming "not ghetto" way to do it?

....riiiiiiight
guess youve never heard of metal working. its quite common in the custom world.
everyone has their own way of doing things. who are you to say that one way is better than any other.
personally, ive done alot of firewall modifications with heat and a hammer.
as long as you know how to do it, you're golden.
theres a difference between metal working and just beating it with a hammer.
even beating it with a hammer IMO is better than running a body lift.
no reason to be a ******. people are just trying to help.
but hay, whatever keeps your ****** clean ;Sweet

jay22day

Dunce
Reaction score
Body lift is pretty ghetto.

You are trying to get clearance to run a 4" downpipe? Not sure on turbos but I thought most were about a 3" outlet? Could be wrong...

everyone has their own way of doing things. who are you to say that one way is better than any other.

no reason to be a ******..... whatever keeps your ****** clean ;Sweet

IDIoit idk why you have to be a d!*k, i never said at anytime that my idea was superior or that someone elses was S*!*y....
so why do you act like i did?

as a matter of fact it was dunk that said MY idea was "ghetto" LOL all i did was sarcastically reply ".......riiiiight" to his OFF-TOPIC post

people are just trying to help.

Im sure people are but you 2 are not trying to help.

The title of the thread isnt:
What you think of body lifts?

Ideas you have that could avoid lifting the body because you personally dont like body lifts

The title of the thread is....

Neither of you gave any reference to a cheap metal body lift, you both insulted my idea and you IDIoit proceeded to go forward and insult my truck because it has a stack?

oah ****! you have a stack??!?
yea bro, if i were you id get a 6" body lift.
that would look BADASS!

then hang that plus plus sized g-string from your rearview :D

Idk what your problem is or why you insist on bashing me and my threads adn my truck....then saying that Im being a ****??

if you cant be productive or at the very least.....jsut simply NOT INSULTING then you dont need to respond to ANY of my threads, there is plenty other people on this forums that ACTUALLY want to help!

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
were ARE trying to help you.
i never insulted your truck with stacks.
i simply stated that stacks, and body lifts go together.
if i was a little harsh on you with MY sarcastic remarks i greatly apologize (pats you on head).
its pretty hard to read inbetween the lines on the internet, for that im sorry.
next time ill remember to clearly state my thoughts. you may find them in the "Refinery"

as far as the posts listing. there is a reason there are 244 views.
we were the only ones to reply, i guess you didnt like them.
i apologize on behalf of Dunk, and myself.
i guess my way of trying to help someone is too 1990-ish.
i shall learn from your experience and better myself.
thank you, and have a great weekend!

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
the kits are 150 bucks cause they come with bumber relocation brackets. most guys only need 1 inch pucks to clear DP. and why steel? way over kill. the poly pucks never have issues. and the guys going 1 inch just use hockey pucks.

jay22day

Dunce
Reaction score
the kits are 150 bucks cause they come with bumber relocation brackets. most guys only need 1 inch pucks to clear DP. and why steel? way over kill. the poly pucks never have issues. and the guys going 1 inch just use hockey pucks.

Thanks for the input, alot of the pucks i saw have "cavities" through them. Are those the the polly pucks your familiar with? i guess i would just feel more comfortable if i had something solid, i hate doing things twice so i do tend to overkill a little and i know ill own this truck for the rest of my life.

The hockey pucks sound like a good idea if they are known to work well, if you know of affordable solid Polly pucks id definitely consider them or the kit, i could easily make a bumper bracket though, anything more than $50-$75 for spacers and bolts just seems unreasonable to me lol

hce

So can i....
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hose clamps around the stock rubber cab bushings can give 1/2 to 3/4" of lift.
Body lifts have there places. Keeps center of gravity lower then a lift kit, keeps steering angles at stock, retains a stock ride, moves body away from heat and noise and allows for taller tires.
lift kits raise the center of gravity, they do raise your frame but the last time I looked the axles are still lowest point to the ground.
Best vehicle I ever been in for crawling around the hills was 1972 ih that you could barely crawl under it was great on sidehills a lift would have ruined it.

Waystro

No Class
Reaction score
IDIoit idk why you have to be a d!*k, i never said at anytime that my idea was superior or that someone elses was S*!*y....
so why do you act like i did?

as a matter of fact it was dunk that said MY idea was "ghetto" LOL all i did was sarcastically reply ".......riiiiight" to his OFF-TOPIC post

Im sure people are but you 2 are not trying to help.

What you think of body lifts?

Ideas you have that could avoid lifting the body because you personally dont like body lifts

The title of the thread is....

Neither of you gave any reference to a cheap metal body lift, you both insulted my idea and you IDIoit proceeded to go forward and insult my truck because it has a stack?

Idk what your problem is or why you insist on bashing me and my threads adn my truck....then saying that Im being a ****??

if you cant be productive or at the very least.....jsut simply NOT INSULTING then you dont need to respond to ANY of my threads, there is plenty other people on this forums that ACTUALLY want to help!

Dude Chill Out! No One was insulting you. with this attitude your not going to get a lot of help. IDIoit and dunk gave some really good advice/Sugestions on the firewall clearance issue. BTW IDIoit Knows his Stuff about Fabing/Metal working just look through his build threads You'll see he's No HackJob. we're here to help and if our Sugestions/Advice Offend You than maybe this isn't the Forum For you. Oh and body lifts look like Crap.

Don't get Your G-String in a Knot :rotflmao:rotflmao:rotflmao:rotflmao

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Only thing you should need to do is flatten the body seam.
If it won't fit then, you may need new body mounts. They do wear out.
I would go with the polyurethane ones. But be forewarned, you will feel more bumps. The poly is harder than the factory rubber mounts.

Sent from my SM-T537R4 using Tapatalk

jay22day

Dunce
Reaction score
Body lifts have there places. Keeps center of gravity lower then a lift kit, keeps steering angles at stock, retains a stock ride, moves body away from heat and noise and allows for taller tires.
lift kits raise the center of gravity, they do raise your frame but the last time I looked the axles are still lowest point to the ground.
Best vehicle I ever been in for crawling around the hills was 1972 ih that you could barely crawl under it was great on sidehills a lift would have ruined it.

thank you!!!! especially when the idea is to create more clearance all around in the engine bay, especially by the turbo and exhaust, i want to delete that stupid (yes banks had this because its on my truck and my turbo was installed by banks) crushed up pipe.... such a poor idea

the cab comes down so low overhanging the frame that you can get several inches w/ a body lift, I myself believe, without people realizing its a body lift. Should give a more aggressive look and overall size to the truck, who doesnt like a head turner :sly

your deff right HCE lift isnt everything and this trucks a 2 wheeler dually its never going in the dirt unless its an old country road hahaha

Waystro

No Class
Reaction score
There was a point to the Post
Read again I'm sure you'll get it eventually. this is why you don't Argue with Idiots.

jay22day

Dunce
Reaction score
Only thing you should need to do is flatten the body seam.
If it won't fit then, you may need new body mounts. They do wear out.
I would go with the polyurethane ones. But be forewarned, you will feel more bumps. The poly is harder than the factory rubber mounts.

Sent from my SM-T537R4 using Tapatalk

Thanks for letting me know about the stiffer ride jasper!!!! the seem is bent down out of the way, but a rub mark is present, maybe the body mounts are getting soft and saggy LOL . I definitely dont want to take ride quality away so idk about the polys :/ im still up in the air about them. This will be a vehicle i make long trips in to michigan to see my family and long journeys to pick up trucks and the occasional car, ihave really bad back problems so a cushy ride is kinda priceless to me.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin