Cheapest METAL body lift?

jay22day

Dunce
Reaction score
Hey i want to lift my truck at least 2'' while i have the body off, i have several ideas but im trying to figure out the most cost effective, if anyone knows a good place to get metal pucks at least 3.5''' wide id appreciate the direction. The ones if found are roughly 2.25" - 2.5".

i dont want anything but metal and my stock bushings look nice so id rather not replace them.

thanks guys

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
body lifts remind me of that 1 really really overweight woman at the beach in a g-string.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you dont "take that" you just close your eyes, and move on.

jay22day

Dunce
Reaction score
its 2wd and will never see offroading, its just i have the boddy in the air as i finish up my frame work on this almost full resto. The only real reason i want ot lift the body is to create better spacing between the firewall and the down pipe aswell as the turbocharger.

id like to go 4" after the dp to my stack instead of 3 and that means i need to move my exhaust brake forward as well, possibly up near the firewall

plus it has helpers and a block in the back so ppl will probably think it has suspension lift LOL

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
do what you want to do buddy! its your truck, its not like youre my neighbor :D
3" is a bit much IMO to beable to clear another 1" of pipe.
but hay, who am i to criticize?

jay22day

Dunce
Reaction score
yeah i think 2 is my limit as 3'' rubs the body on the corner of the block on the drivers side, i could, but i dont really want to cut it up. Honestly i dont think it wil make much difference visually but i guess we will find out. im jsut unwilling to spend $150 on thick glorified washers.......lol

jay22day

Dunce
Reaction score
oh and stock the 1st gen banks downpipe rubbs the firewall.....some good engineering there cookoo

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
break out the grinder, and welder... make your own!

jay22day

Dunce
Reaction score
thats the route ive been leaning hell i might stack washers and weld 4 lines up and down them a 2" punk is 13$ doesnt seem bad utill you realize the bed needs 6 alone lol

dunk

Dunce
Reaction score
Body lift is pretty ghetto. Why not either heat and hammer the firewall in for clearance in that area since you have the cab off? Or slice it and wel din some new metal to make more room? Not sure how much room there is on the inside for this with heater vents and such but surely that can be worked around.

You are trying to get clearance to run a 4" downpipe? Not sure on turbos but I thought most were about a 3" outlet? Could be wrong...

jay22day

Dunce
Reaction score
id like to go 4" after the dp to my stack instead of 3 and that means i need to move my exhaust brake forward as well, possibly up near the firewall

i never ssaid i wanted to do a 4inch dp....

Properly lifting and fitting the body for clearance sounds "ghetto" but sledging a huge dent in it while you heat it with the torch right by all the electrical, the turbo, the engine, the heater box, ac lines etc is the correct, im assuming "not ghetto" way to do it?

....riiiiiiight

dunk

Dunce
Reaction score
You said you had the body off, so easy access and easy to remove the electrical, heater, etc... Nothing in your way.

Why can everyone else fit a 3" down pipe and you can't? What is different and why can't you fit typical size pipe?

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
its 2wd and will never see offroading,
id like to go 4" after the dp to my stack instead of 3

completely misunderstood thought you wanted a 4" DP

oah ****! you have a stack??!?
yea bro, if i were you id get a 6" body lift.
that would look BADASS!

then hang that plus plus sized g-string from your rearview :D

jay22day

Dunce
Reaction score
You said you had the body off, so easy access and easy to remove the electrical, heater, etc... Nothing in your way.

Why can everyone else fit a 3" down pipe and you can't? What is different and why can't you fit typical size pipe?

the bodys off the frame, but only 6 inches off the frame LOL

when ever you put these kits on the DP hits a seem on the firewall and the seem has to be bent or cliped, its not just me :rolleyes: these trucks werent originally designed with a turbokit, im guessing you probably havnt put one on before?

havnt you heard of the "crushed" up pipes???? uggh they didnt do that for ***** and gigles! cookoo

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin