Broken into while at work

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
SO I am on the highway, hauling shoulder gravel to the big paving job we just completed.

At about 3pm, my phone rings. It's the neighbour asking if I left my pickup truck door open... I had not!!! It was locked up solid, both doors were locked.

So he closed the door for me and kept and eye out until I got home.

Sure enough, the passenger side door lock was beat pretty much right out of the door.....screwdriver and ahammer I think. The driver side door lock was messed up pretty bad inside, but it looks undamaged from the outside...it was jammed up and the key would not turn it.

They didn't take anything. I think they got spooked by someone driving past. One gravelly footprint on the seat was the only evidence of someone being inside the truck.

There are three car stereos sitting on the back seat...but they never even moved them. I kow they didn't finish the job they started...and I won't give them the chance.

I went outisde, re-locked the truck up..and put three identical notices up on both door windows and the front windshield.

"You got lucky today....not getting caught.

Smile for the trail camera hidden in the tree and the high definition low light/night vision video camera I put up the night you broke into my pickup.

You are F***ing with a very well trained ex army infantry soldier.

Now that I got your faces on camera and know who you are, WATCH YOUR BACKS!!!"

I hope it deterrs them off until I can bring home the boom truck and put a trail camera about 25 feet up in the trees and get the home security cameras up and running.

Until then, the car alarm, dash camera, RAZOR sharp hunting knife and the Dragunov stocked Simonov SKS will have to do in the event I catch someone. Shooting them will be a last resort, I think the sight of the weapon in my hands will be enough to make them run. Last thing I want to do is take a life, but you never know if the little a****** are packing....and I won't walk outside in the dark unarmed.

Best part is, I can get outside, around the house and onto the road before they even hear/see me coming.

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
The kicker is this...the neighbours van was almost stolen at 4 am....abour 12 hours before they got into my ford.

They rolled the van out of the driveway and down the street, but it wouldn't start because of a dead battery.

My car has a chipped ignition and an alarm...it won't completely stop them, but it should slow them down. I was thinking of making a "welcome" mat....a shingle with nails in it buried int he gravel by the door of the ford....it just sits now, and would be a hell of a deterrant!!!

dgr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well that sucks.

Why would you have three car stereos sitting on your back seat? Seems like a good way to get an earful of gravel and a boot print on the face from the local law enforcement if you get pulled over. Just sayin'

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
Well that sucks.

Why would you have three car stereos sitting on your back seat? Seems like a good way to get an earful of gravel and a boot print on the face from the local law enforcement if you get pulled over. Just sayin'

They shouldn't pull me over in it...It's parked permanently in the driveway until I get time off work to put the other box on her. Besides, one radio was burnt up completely, one radio has no speaker outputs. The other is the stock Ford radio I pulled out of the truck.

That's what ****** me off. The cops would worry more about that than the fact that my door locks were ripped almost completely out of the doors.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Sounds like some rotten ******** were working their way thru the neighborhood taking what they could take easily. Sometimes you hope they will come back but once they have tried they usually keep going down the road.. I say shootem... We have way too many career crimminals in jails now. I just hate paying for them to get free cable tv... Condoms and exercise equiptment.. WTH... Its jail... Not a country club...

Last edited:

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the nailed shingle is a great idea. I would do it in a heart beat lol. Most wouldn't dare comin into my yard I have 9 full size Pitt bulls an 2 pit puppies. If that's not enough I have an old skool trick my dad calls it we used to use it when we owned our car lot an this type of stuff happened all the time. First step 12 gauge shot gun then get a box of bird shot an open an empty the bb's out re-fill with Rock Salt then close them an add a dab of wax to the top. Shoot them in the a$$ an it will be worse than an a$$ whoopin from grandpa with a small twitch. Doesn't hurt them to bad an it cleans there new scar out an burns like hell they won't sit down for a week. I have 5 shots an 1 in chamber an that should solve an issue an not take there life. I would add a deer cam in the tree an video on the house to keep things clear for police an also get a VCR with a record tape an re-record it every night.

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also I agree with Gary why give them a free ride. Anyways they don't alwys move on my dads truck was stolen an found stuck in the mud in table rock lake one winter. Dad got it back an they came an stole it again my dad didn't change the keys.

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
Shoulda just left your truck unlocked. Wouldn't have to replace your locks then :p

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
car stereo components loose and in plain view = attractive nuisance.
sorry you got broken into goofy but you gave them a reason to be curious.
sounds like the tweakers are busy in your neighborhood.

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
car stereo components loose and in plain view = attractive nuisance.
sorry you got broken into goofy but you gave them a reason to be curious.
sounds like the tweakers are busy in your neighborhood.

Kinda Towkitty.....but not exactly. You can't see them, because they are under my old plowing jacket, but there are a couple bottles of Power Service 911 in plain sight. Other than that the pickup is cleaned right out.

I called it in, and told the investigating officer that I will defend my property without prejudice. I take this as a threat, because if they break into my truck, my house could be next. I flat out said I will shoot someone trying to break in ON SIGHT!

I won't shoot to kill...unless they fire first/back....but I hear the healing time for a .30 cal to the knee cap isn't good.

I thought yall couldn't have guns in canada?

Not every person can. You have to apply for a Firearms License. To do that you first need to take one of two courses...or both is you want handguns AND long guns. I took both 14 years ago, coupled with my military career from when I was younger got me a license....pretty much no questions asked. Just fille dout the form and they sent it in the mail.

I have restricted and non restricted....I can pretty much own anything that isn't semi automatic or anything too short in length.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
i am not sure about the courts up there but i had a professor in collage that was a professional witness for crimes. he figured out what happened and when, he was very clear to me that if you get to the point of pulling the trigger you are not firing a warning shot or looking to wound. if it gets to that point it is far better to take them down completely. if not the will be paraded around the court room in bandages making you look like the bad guy who ruined their life for one bad decision.

jury gives the sympathy vote and you are in deeper water

check your local laws on that one

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats why I said to use ROCK SALT they will not be hurt to bad an they darn sure wont be coming back.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726