Broke truck

t-roymoose

Reaction score
Well I think I may have killed my motor. It seems to be getting oil into the intake. It is one or two cilinders short. It has no power and it is now leaking oil. I think I over reved the motor but I am not sure. I haven't torn into it yet bet if ya'll have any ideas what it may be please let me know. :dunno

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like we need to hear "the rest of the story". ;Really

Oil in the intake is nothing new if you have a CDR valve. Are we talking a pool of oil in there? Why do you think you over-reved? Where is the leak? If you have a miss, do the injector line nut check.

t-roymoose

Reaction score
Well what happened was I have water/**** injection, I was running 75% **** and 25% water. I got on the throttle and sprayed. When I went to stop the after that it was idiling rough. It was down on power also. I thought it was just a bad injector. Later, before I went home I was showing off (for a girl) and I sprayed again. After that it was how it is now. It idles like not all of the cilinders are going. It feels like the motor is going to idle right out of the truck. When the system kicks on the rpms go up. I now have a pool of oil that is under my truck (about half a quart worth). I haven't torn into it yet so I don't know where the leak is coming from.

I hope this helps, if you need more info just ask. And I am very savy on gasoline motors but not as much for Diesel. The fuel system is a bit new to me.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Well my first guess would say that you semi hydrolocked a couple pistons with the water/****. What I mean by semi hydrolocking them is that you basically bent the rods, and the rough idle is from those cylinders not compressing/firing now because of low compression.

The oil leak though, may rule that out I dont know. I guess it could also be that you blew your head gasket in this process as well.

I dont think you would have a problem with over revving.....towcat knows that the valves start to float around 4200rpm's.....so we all know he's been there LOL.

t-roymoose

Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing. I figured that the valves were staying open and was pushing the oil into the intake. I think the oil is just coming out from my intake system somewhere but I don't know for sure. Or I may have streached a head bolt with the extra compression, I just don't know for sure.

Is it fairly easy to get in there and fix it myself or do you think it would be easier to take it to a shop. I have never torn into the guts of a 7.3 so I don't know what would be better. Like I said before, I have done lots of gasoline motors but not much on diesels.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I dont know man. I would probably do it myself but I get myself into things that I'm not really qualified to do LOL. I would probably pull the whole engine if I were you, and couldnt see if the oil was coming from somewhere else up top.

greythorn3

wheelordie.com
Reaction score
Well what happened was I have water/**** injection, I was running 75% **** and 25% water. I got on the throttle and sprayed. When I went to stop the after that it was idiling rough. It was down on power also. I thought it was just a bad injector. Later, before I went home I was showing off (for a girl) and I sprayed again. After that it was how it is now. It idles like not all of the cilinders are going. It feels like the motor is going to idle right out of the truck. When the system kicks on the rpms go up. I now have a pool of oil that is under my truck (about half a quart worth). I haven't torn into it yet so I don't know where the leak is coming from.

I hope this helps, if you need more info just ask. And I am very savy on gasoline motors but not as much for Diesel. The fuel system is a bit new to me.

well did you impress the girl enough? :thumbsup:

Ray

tractorman86

Reaction score
i would bet justin is right, possible bent rods. dump your oil make sure there isn't any water in it, oil or compression in the water, and check all the injector lines make sure they are snug. as for the oil leak trace where it is at, clean start and reinspect if possible while it is running.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online