Brand name parts used

3Kp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I been replacing parts as they break on my truck. I always like to buy good quality parts.

My dad always told me " if it's not broke don't fix it but if it is broke fix it better than before."

I have used Moog tie rods and U-joints so far they seem to have good reputation.

But my brakes are in some serious need of attention. I also need to rebuild the front end with new bearings as well. I was looking at CENTRIC, RAYBESTOS, and WAGNER brake products also looked into NATIONAL and CENTRIC bearings. Have input about these brands? I was wondering what brands do you guys use and why. I like to use heavy duty parts where I can. I know for motor parts go to Ford or International dealer to get them. But brakes, tie rods, and bearings I can get from local parts store or from Rockauto.

Oh one more question. I had a radiator hose blow on me a while back while I was on a little trip. Of course the parts store didn't have Diesel rates antifreeze so I put some 50/50 mix in I know my SCA level is way off. I drove roughly 200 miles like that how much damage did I cause? I plan to buy a new thermostat and new lower hose since the top one just got replaced due to a pin hole in it. I know I need to buy some sort of diesel rated antifreeze any favorite brands

Forgot what year rear trucks can I get the rear bumper from and bolt right up? 87-91 for sure but how about 92-96?
Thank you for your time and advise

Michael

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like Thermo quiet for front brake pads. I think they are a wagner brand. I'm becoming disillusioned with parts brands anymore. The big names are not what they used to be.

With that said brands I use are: Timkin, national, felpro, victor reinz, dorman, XRF balljoints, Monroe, etc. I also use a lot of online reviews when buying parts I don't have personal experience with.

-Jeremy

ironworker40

NYC Ironworker
Reaction score
Don't worry about the coolant. Just replace it. Cavitation happens over a long long period of time and high temps.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Rear bumper, should be any 80-97 F1,2,or 350 with the exception of 97, it would need to be a 97 F-250HD or F-350. 97 is the year the F-150 got a different body than the 2,350's, and in 97 there was an F-250 LD that had a Half-Ton body and ******* 7 lug hubs (Dad had one). 99 was new F-250, F-350 Super Duty Trucks

You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

3Kp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I knew the 97 F150 were different and the 99 F250-350 changed. Thought I read somewhere the 92-96/97 bumpers mounted different then the 87-91's Then again I read some many things and getting older I get things mixed up some. LOL

Junk thanks never thought of checking out reviews on brake parts and things. Good tip!

Thank you for your time guys enjoy the weather if it's good where you are at.

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No problem! I love amazon for reviews. But you got to figure out your part numbers before going there.

Rear bumpers from like 1980-97 should all fit.

Now the front bumpers are specific. 87-91 bolts on different than 92-97. Not to mention the fenders and stuff are diffferent thus they will meet the bumper differently.

- Jeremy

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm very satisfied with autozones gold brakes. Got 90k out of a set on my jeep. Stop my truck just fine too.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin