Brake Light Troubles

mackiexj

Modern Day Drifter
Reaction score
My 94 2500 has had the brake and ABS lights coming and going off at the same time. Sometimes they will stay on for 1000 miles other times only a few miles, sometimes they only come on for a few miles and then stay off all day and at other times they constantly flicker on and off. I replaced the rear ABS sensor on the diff and it changed nothing however if i unplug the sensor the lights constantly stay on, anyways the snap scanner that i had access to wouldn't scan it but i would like to get it figured out, anyone have ideas of what to test or where to look.

Chevyboy_0

Mr.SunnyDisposition
Reaction score
Whenever the lights are on you have a problem in the respective systems, ABS light for ABS system, and the Red Brake Light for the Base brake system (i.e, Proportioning Valve, Pressure Differential switch, Combination Valve, etc, etc) I would start by checking for leaks, low fluid levels and bad grounds around the ABS unit, as well as the aforementioned valves. From there i would check and see if the ABS wheel speed sensors are working correctly at all four corners, I'm not sure if the 94 comes with a 3 Channel ABS or 4 channel ABS but either way there should be 2 sensors up front and at least one in the rear.

But in your case i would definatly start checking grounds and connections, because as you state it could come on and stay on or flicker some it sounds like a wire has a good amount of corrosion or a loose connection that could cause it to make contact every so often or stay on for while

I hope this helps a little bit :D who knows you might just have low brake fluid level :dunno

mackiexj

Modern Day Drifter
Reaction score
Well to start is has been determined that my ABs module is bad and i need a new one anyone have one laying around