Brake light and blinker issue

performancelaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get in the truck today and notice when I turn a blinker on they don't blink. It just stays lit up. I replace the big blinked relay in the fuse panel and still nothing. When I shut the truck down I heard a clicking noise. It was the blinker relay clicking but only with the key off. Any ideas. I.also have no brake lights just running lights. All the fuses are good. Can anyone maybe help ?

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
you ran out of blinker fluid....got to keep up on that..

Im sorry i cant help myself. You seem to have a couple different issues here. With the key off you can turn the blinker on and the relay will click on and off?

And as far as no brake lights i would start by looking at the brake switch. One side will be hot 12V with the brake pedal NOT pushed. and when you push the pedal that 12V will now be on the other side of the switch. Start there.

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
also i just looked up this wiring diagram for your 94 f350. Hope it can help you a bit.

You must be registered for see images attach

bab029

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check your trailer light plug. I had a flat four pin dangling off the back that got rubbed and started shorting out on the frame. Blew fuses, and caused funky blinker action like you describe.

stumiister

Diesel Truck Tech
Reaction score
I get in the truck today and notice when I turn a blinker on they don't blink. It just stays lit up. I replace the big blinked relay in the fuse panel and still nothing. When I shut the truck down I heard a clicking noise. It was the blinker relay clicking but only with the key off. Any ideas. I.also have no brake lights just running lights. All the fuses are good. Can anyone maybe help ?

First I would check the trailer plug then check the tail/stop/turn lamps on the back of the truck, and the turn/marker lamps on the front of the truck if you still dont find anything I would check the turn signal switch all the light wiring goes through this switch.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin