Body work

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Well guys, I talked to my neighbor last weekend about doing the rocker panels and such on the mule. He said he would "help" me do it, even though I informed him I am body work illiterate!!! :) He said we would get it done and I would learn something in the process, which is real cool. He and his family are like my second family. We help keep the fish and game club going etc. together. He is also a retired body man of 35 years from the a local dealership and private garage where he built his own frame rack - which is killer! He straightened out the frame on my nephews car, which was totaled, for $300 bucks - we were quoted $2400 as the lowest bid elsewhere. He just said I will do it, but in my time frame. It was there less than three weeks, one of which he was waiting on us to gather parts. Anyway, where do you guys get body parts from? There is a place in Columbus I have used for other vehicles, called Midwest Fender and I have been very pleased by the parts I have purchased through JCWhitney, all of which have been made in the U.S. and made out of heavier material than the import stuff. Will probably look at JCWhitney first unless someone steers me in another direction. I need rockers (inner and outer) dside floor pan and will eventually replace both doors.

Thanks in advance for the help.
Scott

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Scott good deal on scoring a neighbor like him. Don't make him mad.;Sweet
You have the best of both worlds expert neighbor and a bodystyle that is still fully supported for replacement body panels.:moon: ;Poke

Good luck and take copious photos!

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can check here http://www.nationalautobody.com/nab/index.htm and see if they might be able to help.

Might try some of the Carquest and Napa stores that are body shop jobbers too and don't forget your friend, with that many years in the business he's prolly pretty well connected and can steer you in the right direction.

I used to buy a lot of stuff from U.S. Body but don't think they're around anymore. IIRC they merged / were bought out:dunno can't remember anymore.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Scott good deal on scoring a neighbor like him. Don't make him mad.;Sweet
You have the best of both worlds expert neighbor and a bodystyle that is still fully supported for replacement body panels.:moon: ;Poke

Good luck and take copious photos!

I honestly don't think you could make this guy mad!!! Well, yes you could, you could steal from him - that is the only thing I have really seen him get fired up about. He told me when I moved down here, if I was starving to knock on his door, he would butcher a cow and give to me, but if I stole from him, it wouldn't be the cow getting butchered - honestly, I think he meant it!!! Not a problem though as I can't stand a thief either, so we are good to go.

Yeah, I know, the flying brick...honestly, I like the body style of my truck though, but realize it is not the favorite of most!!!