block heater cord

gunnie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, any one know where we can get a replacement electric cord for our block heaters? i've heard the stealership wants 45 bucks just for the cord.
thanks, gunnie

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
I bought the heater and cord at Napa for less than that, like $38. I think they may have listed just the cord as well, might be worth a check. Might also contact www.fordparts.com and ask about them, they are usually less than 1/2 the price of my local stealership!

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
Most of the time it is just the plug on the end of cord that is bad. Replacement plugs are about $5 at a homecenter.

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
I just got the whole cord from Napa last weekend for less than $15. I'll try to remember to get the PN in the AM when I get home. Course the cord plug depends on the BH installed. So far the two I have changed had the same plug. When the guy at Napa was running the part numbers for the ones I thought I wanted, only one showed up as available in the US. And that was in Chicago. I ended up getting one that was not my preferred choice because it was available close by.

Tom

Muddinkev44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I made an extension onto my stock cord so that wouldnt happen....I wrapped it in electrical tape so it wouldnt corrode....its a yellow cord with a yellow plug and everyone says they can notice me comming down the road cause it looks like a booger hanging out of my grill....

Chuckdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well my block heater cord is shorting out the GFCI so i guess i will try to replace the end to see it it will fix it.

BTW is starting fluid bad and can it blow up in the block?

i know it makes a sweet explosion when shot :D:shoot:
You must be registered for see images

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BTW is starting fluid bad and can it blow up in the block?

i know it makes a sweet explosion when shot :D:shoot:

Ether has a flash point of -50F or so (can't remember exactly) it can just about blow up if you look at it wrong.

If you want to use starting fluid, disconnect your glow plugs to lower the risk.

Personnaly I won't use the stuff at all on a diesel, hate the way it sounds and have seen what over use can do to injectors etc. I used to use WD-40 instead of Ether on diesels when needed, works good and sounds a whole lot easier on the engine. Been many, many years since I used it though.

farmerscotty

Reaction score
hmmm

did you take the photo last summer? or do you live in Pa and work in shorts in the winter! LOL

Muddinkev44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Heres a better picture when it was still stock....

rubberfish

Reaction score
Hey guys, any one know where we can get a replacement electric cord for our block heaters?
I've got one here you can have for nothing
if you want to pay the shipping. It was about $5 cdn
to send a fuel plate south of the border.
I have two here, and don't mind parting with one.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
No need to leave the cord hanging on the grill, You can put a Marinco onboard charger inlet that will keep the end of the cord dry and clean. Part # 150BBI Napa California 707 226 9600.

smokin_stroker00

Reaction score
My cord got a little to close to the manifold the way the previous owner had it routed still works I tried it one day but really haven't needed it -5below here this morning and it fired right up:hail

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntjapkes