Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmmm... I'm not sure exactly how to take that. LOL

If it was a diesel Jon, your home free.

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score
The fact that you are being asked to write a letter is a very good thing. The bureaucrats can ignore your phone calls and scoff at your rants here, but they are (at least in California) REQUIRED to respond to letters written to them. And being endorsed by a state elected representative is better yet. If you haven't already written the letter, please leave out the references to droolers and incompetents, they already know those people and will get in a snit about things. Keep to the facts and present a clear time line and you will make someone's face very red soon. CC the letter to the largest local newspaper, too. They love that stuff. PADOT cannot duck the scrutiny.

Best of luck!

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Matthias,Move down here to bama.We have no inspections,No hassles,no problems.I can take a gasser and put a diesel in it,a diesel and put a gasser in it and never have to change a thing.No exhaust sniffers,No safety checks(I don't think half the vehicles down here would pass either),No salt on our roads,Nice and warm,Hot redneck chicks,and plenty of rust free vehicles.......

And you can also take an Icon IDI and park it in your front yard for years and years and the kuduz will grow up enough to hide it from the street..... ;Sweet

;p:rotflmao

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So here it is almost a week from when we sent the bad title back. I just called the DMV. There is no record of it in their system. This is not a surprise, but rather I have found, is typical. Basically, the papers are delivered, where they sit in a stack until a clerk gets to them. This is one of the big sticking points I have with this broken bueracracy. Can you imagine taking your car to a shop, shipping a package, or ordering something online, and being told -
1) I cannot confirm we have your request
2) I cannot tell you the status of your request
3) I cannot tell you how long it will be until either of the above is known
4) I cannot tell you once your request is understood, how long it will be until the process is complete.

Every body I talk to up there says "well sir, you have to understand we deal with a great volume of information every day." I remind them that my job entails being responsible for Tarabytes of information, and I don't loose any of it. I also remind them that FedEx probably ships more packages a day, then they see forms, so I see no reason why volume is an excuse. :dunno

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mel, it is strictly a competence issue.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Matthias,Move down here to bama.We have no inspections,No hassles,no problems.I can take a gasser and put a diesel in it,a diesel and put a gasser in it and never have to change a thing.No exhaust sniffers,No safety checks(I don't think half the vehicles down here would pass either),No salt on our roads,Nice and warm,Hot redneck chicks,and plenty of rust free vehicles.......

That's it, I'm moving down there!

THECACKLER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mel, at least PA has State Reps. I fought for over 20 years, yeah TWENTY Years, to get a title from the, of all places, District of Columbia for a truck I bought here in TX. It's not the DOT. It's every governmental department. Check around. They're all lame. My personal opinion is that they all need to wear a name tag with a big number on it and we all get a tax deduction for every time we rate their sorry *****. Of course it wouldn't do any good, but at least we would feel better knowing we got them back and got cash back too.

Michael Fowler

Reaction score
Mel, it is strictly a competence issue.

It called political patronage. Here, in MD, the patronize jobs are with the Dept of Natural Resources. Its why the Bay is in such bad shape. That, and what you guys in PA, and NY send down river....