BEYOND INCOMPETENCE!

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score
Mel,

Good luck with the rep's help. Flatlander is probably right, too. the bureaucratic system will not change, you will just (hopefully) get a little expedited service to keep your vote - if the rep has any pull.

Dealing with a state agency is kind of like pushing chain, there is no head man to vent to, and they all cover their ***** by pointing fingers at each other. If you can get them to talk at all.

I have been involved in a 5 month quest to get a title in CA via VA from an estate. Every time I think I have the last piece of paper taken care of, there is someone who tells me that I have been chasing all the wrong pieces of paper. Neat. So I start again, with new hope. But my tale is a pittance in comparison to yours, and I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, where it seems that your tunnel just keeps getting more crowded.

Don't hesitate to send the entire story to a tabloid, the cockroaches in state employ do not like light being shed upon them one bit.

Best of luck for a single, correct title in your lifetime.

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
OK learned 2 things here!!

1. Keep running my old harvesters, lucky for me theres little to NO records on these things to go by for emission or to say what was in them, a 6.9 swap is a 6.9 swap...whos to say it wasn't factory?!!! :backoff

2. If i decide to swap anything on anything else, stay quiet, very very quiet, and stay under the radar.....i'm sure even if i don't submit 1 piece of paper they'll NEVER notice anything wrong...if so...."I bought it this way..." :rotflmao:rotflmao

i hope the drool doesnt ruin the paperwork, better wear a rain coat and some hip boots, could get soggy and the stink a 'lil deep....

-Jon cookoo

joe_diesel

Reaction score
I'm in contact with my state representatives office, and they are going to get involved.

Just like last time. :rolleyes:

Going to the ass wipes that created the system, you're really in trouble. Good luck.

Last edited:

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll be considering going to my state representative, my lawyer, and the TV stations to expose this illegal activity. Once I pry the correct drool soaked piece of paper from their happy little mouths.

You pretty much have to do this. You'll unfortunately need to get the media involed. Just going through formal government complaint channels will not be enough. People tend to pay more attention when they are embarrased by their careless and stupid actions.

Heath

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In response to a few of the posts.

1 - Can't get it modified and titled in another state and try and bring it in. They got that angle covered.

2 - Can't get it to pass PA state inspection without getting a modified title. IH, Ford or whatever, anybody who puts a diesel in a gas vehicle in PA is going to have to go through this, unless you have an inspection mechanic who is willing to loose his license for you, and then what do you do when he dies?

3 - Might have helped to register it in PA first, then do the title mod. If I had to do it over, I think I would have gone this route, even though it would add $150 to the cost.

Granted, the state house probably has something to do with these laws being created, but they probably leave it to the droolers to impliment them. I do sense that my rep is anxious to try and help me, but not so anxious to go after the system that is causing the problem.

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
well what did that ford need an EGR valve and cat? u coulda hollowed out a cat and made an EGR appear to function on it...diesel? blech its a gasser with injectors in the spark plug holes! :backoff LOL all i know is there HAS to be a way around it!! -cuss

-Jon

flatlander

plays dirty when losing
Reaction score
I do sense that my rep is anxious to try and help me, but not so anxious to go after the system that is causing the problem.

They have to spend so much time getting re elected, that to expend energy on trying to fix a system that is "working" would probably end up wasted. It takes a bunch of people to get after it to change things and most of them are trying to get re elected as well.
sad.

MasterM00SE

Son of Mel
Reaction score
An absolute terrible thing to happen to a nice guy like me. I pay taxes, I have a job, I'm doing my fair share for the state. I'm a respectable citizen, making a living, active in the community, and doing well in school, yet somebody (somebodies) think that that obviously isn't enough- that I must suffer on top of my citizenship accomplishments just so I can own my own vehicle. And as if the title problem wasn't @#$@ed up enough as it is, the freakin insurance co thinks that (even though I'm a minor, only 16, not even legally allowed to leave my parents protection) I should pay 300 dollars more a month for car insurance just because the truck is in my name. Never mind the fact that I will be the primary driver of it under my fathers name and they can chop the cost down to 100 dollars per month. IT'S A REDICULOUS WORLD WE LIVE IN!!!!

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Age discrimination against young drivers is real and nobody gives a **** about it.

I had to first get a learners lisence no earlier than my 16th birth date then hold that for 6 months. After that I could apply for a novice lisence (several restrictions) that lasts for 18 months and only after that could I get my class 5 driver's lisence.

After I had to jump through those hoops, it got even more strict and the lerner's lisence term was extended to 1 full year.

It doesn't matter that I have a spotless driving record, and that many other young drivers also do, what matters is statistics that are measured of the odd young driver that is an idiot behind the wheel. So we end up paying for it.

Complete ********, but since teenagers can't vote when they get their learners lisence, it doesn't matter. Equall rights my ass.....

Michael Fowler

Reaction score
An absolute terrible thing to happen to a nice guy like me. I pay taxes, I have a job, I'm doing my fair share for the state. I'm a respectable citizen, making a living, active in the community, and doing well in school, yet somebody (somebodies) think that that obviously isn't enough- that I must suffer on top of my citizenship accomplishments just so I can own my own vehicle. And as if the title problem wasn't @#$@ed up enough as it is, the freakin insurance co thinks that (even though I'm a minor, only 16, not even legally allowed to leave my parents protection) I should pay 300 dollars more a month for car insurance just because the truck is in my name. Never mind the fact that I will be the primary driver of it under my fathers name and they can chop the cost down to 100 dollars per month. IT'S A REDICULOUS WORLD WE LIVE IN!!!!

Is this the way that your school told you that government works?
I see a cynic in the making.
The problem is that you wanted something other than the government has determined you should have, or need.
Some people say we have not lost any freedom; I think Matthias would disagree.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My state rep wants me to write a detailed letter, that he can send to the PA Secretary of Transportation. I sense a waste of time in the making.... I'll do it, but not until Matthias has his truck on the road. At least the rep is going to cover his butt by doing SOMETHING no matter how menial. I'll be sure to demand a reply from said secretary in my letter so I can be sure it got there. In the meantime, I'm going to have to find out who that is, and find out how many prostitutes he's slept with, drugs he's done, and whatever other dirt I can get on him just in case I have to get evil on him. LOL

Jon, your not going to be able to avoid it, so I suggest you learn from my mistakes. Locate an Enhanced Vehicle Inpsection station in your area, and get Form 426B started. You're truck won't be on the road until the leaves fall off if your luck is as bad as mine.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
if you think this is bad try going through a divorce-cuss:D

i am hoping to have better luck since i have owned my vehicle 10+ years and i think i found a specialized jeep friendly inspection place to help me.

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
Matthias,Move down here to bama.We have no inspections,No hassles,no problems.I can take a gasser and put a diesel in it,a diesel and put a gasser in it and never have to change a thing.No exhaust sniffers,No safety checks(I don't think half the vehicles down here would pass either),No salt on our roads,Nice and warm,Hot redneck chicks,and plenty of rust free vehicles.......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bradz

Members online