Beware of Pre-Rally Truck Jitters (PRTJ)

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We are rapidly approaching the PRTJ cycle of the moon, and spring will be here soon. I have added a feature to my signiture, so you can find out on a daily basis, how far behind you are falling in your rally preparations. LOL

Click Here

Start making your preparations to attend! I'll be announcing T-shirt ordering and commemorative plaque information soon.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have serious pre-pre-rally truck jitters. I'm feverishly trying to finish up my crew cab project for a pre-rally road trip down to Georgia (Cedartown) for a dirt bike trip at Highland Resort Offroad Park in May.

Yeah, that sounds like lots of time, but my partner is leaving town for three weeks in March. That means I can't leave the county as I will be the only game in town and on call the entire time. My truck is one county over in Dad's shop. Yes, I can't work on the truck for almost a month!!!!:mad:

I've gotta a ton of detail work to do (wiring mostly) and I've got to give it a good bit of road testing before leaving for a 12 hour round trip in May.

Crap, I have a lot of work to do!!!:eek::puke:

Heath

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where the heck is Ron? He usually is having a stroke trying to get something or other done to the truck before the Rally.:rotflmao:angel:

Heath

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
i am still deciding if i want to tear the suspension out of mine before or after the rally. coils....... mmmmmm

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Where the heck is Ron? He usually is having a stroke trying to get something or other done to the truck before the Rally.:rotflmao:angel:

Heath

:backoff
I'm here.

Its still too early to worry bout starting big projects yet before the rally.:D

Only got two big projects in store.

Intercooler install....... Still
ZF to E4OD conversion.

But gonna have to de-moose Goldie to be able to burn the French fry for the trek if things go right.;Really

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:backoff
I'm here.

Its still too early to worry bout starting big projects yet before the rally.:D

Only got two big projects in store.

Intercooler install....... Still
ZF to E4OD conversion.

But gonna have to de-moose Goldie to be able to burn the French fry for the trek if things go right.;Really

:angel::angel::angel:

Well that swap will be a BP raising experience before the Rally.:eek::D

We're all pulling for you Ron. The Rally won't be the same without the Butts clan!

Heath

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ron, are you pulling a ZF to put an auto in? That's weird isn't it? I'll buy the ZF off you if you are.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ron, are you pulling a ZF to put an auto in? That's weird isn't it? I'll buy the ZF off you if you are.

I think it is just a temp thing until he can get a good clutch kit sorted out for Goldie. It's a donor truck cannabilization deal.

Heath

Dsl_Dog_Treat

Reaction score
The swap to slushbox is a financial swap if the rigorous testing in its donor ride passes my standards. With the pending issues swapping in the e4od will save me almost $700 to do and wont take much more time to do that replacing the clutch setup.
In Goldie's current state, the clutch will no doubt leave me stranded as OD already slips hauling the 4 bears lodge loaded just for a weekend venture. I'm not a big fan of an automatic in a working truck but I couldn't pass up the deal that I fell into for this donor truck.

Its an 89 f250 7.3 regular cab 4x4 with only 30 k on the transmission. It cost me 1 used glow plug controller, a new headlight dimmer switch and 4 hours of tightening up and tweaking up a truck for an acquaintance with back problems.
If the tranny works, great! If not then its South Bend clutch time which will not happen this year nor the rally trek and Goldie will be confined to lawn ornament status for the summer.
So keep yer fingers crossed.

Unfortunately Mel, with my current fleet, the ZF will need to stay here and with it only having roughly 60k on it that makes it difficult for me to part with right now. :(
Yeah I know its a wierd backwards mod and Calvin has already given me his thoughts but I gotta do it.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Picture Elwood Jake from the Blues Brothers....

How much for the transmission? Your wife... the little girl.... SELL ME YOUR CHILDREN! BRUWAHAHAHAHAHHA....

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad to see that Ron will have one less thing to give him PRTJ this year! And, no E4OD to worry about crapping out on him either. ;Sweet

Heath

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
after smaking a tree with mine this past weekend, i sorta got them now. lol guess i better start building new front fenders for it and get them on soon.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

Reaction score
Glad to see that Ron will have one less thing to give him PRTJ this year! And, no E4OD to worry about crapping out on him either. ;Sweet

Heath

;Sweet
You betcha doc!
I'm excited about getting that 13" South Bend SMF clutch installed.:love:

Gonna leave the E4OD in the truck known as Junk for Karen to drive when I get that one assembled. On the other hand I'm not so sure how she's gonna like driving a truck that has the front clip painted up like a Holstein cow.LOL