2011 IDI Weekend

haligen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got home no worse for wear. Had a great time. Thanks Mel and family for taking your time and effort to plan such an event. Was great meeting everyone. Once I get the car unpacked I'm sure I have several hundred photos to start uploading.

Kanyonkitty

Reaction score
I had a great time at the rally, and I actually remembered most of everyones "names". Memory is NOT my strong point, just ask Gary :rotflmao

I know we need to start saving $$$ for next years rally, Michigan will be quite a ride.

Gary told me that several of the ladies wanted the recipe for my "tuna Macaroni salad" so here it is:

TUNA Macaroni Salad

Tuna - I use one (1) 6oz. can of Star-Kist tuna packed in water, drain thoroughly. (1 can of tuna for every 8 ounces of uncooked noodles)

Sweet Relish - couple of tablespoons full (drain off excess juice)

Chopped Onion - this is optional, I made mine without for the rally as I didn't know who would not want onion. You judge how much you want to use.

Lawrys Seasoned Salt - add according to your taste (sorry I never measured it)

Noodles - I use different shapes, BUT find that "Bow-Ties" DON'T do well, the slightly thicker shapes do better.

Mayonaise - I use/prefer Hellmanns mayonaise, but you can use your favorite brand. I think I used a 48 oz. bottle of Hellmans for 1 and a half pounds of noodles.

HOW TO MAKE IT

Boil, drain & let noodles cool, then add in the tuna, mayonaise, relish, chopped onion and seasoned salt, mix thoroughly. If it's too dry for your taste add more mayo, too moist use less next time. (Taste testing during the mayo adding is a good idea.)

The large container that I brought to the pot luck dinner contained 3x's the above recipe.

If you have any questions, I'll be glad to help you.

Kitty

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
just made it home from the rally for the second time. got the big truck home now, so i am happy. lol good luck ron and chris on your way home.

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
also good to see gary and john (jon??) made it home too. it was really great meeting all of you guys. the family had such a good time. and a special thanks to EMD_Driver for all the help with camper issues- a great neighbor indeed!

glad ya made it home, i remember that happened to me once too, i hit the 4 ways and the truck started to surge....'DOH! :rolleyes: oh and sorry for smoking you out several times.... ;p

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
was great seeing everybody and meeting some new friends, Thanks Mel and Suzi for putting on a great rally!

i wish we had more time to hang out, i feel like i did not get a chance to really meet everybody. already looking forward to next year!

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry I missed some of you guys when we left out on Tuesday morning. But, we had a lot of miles to cover and like Jim......... we needed to get OnDaRoad.:rotflmao

It was a great time despite the truck drama getting there. The crew cab spewing coolant just 30 miles from home with the camper in tow was very dissappointing to say the least. Missy was ready to go to the Ford dealer for a new 6.7 PSD F350 then and there.:eek: But, I think I'll do my best to get the crew cab back on the road so we can camp some more before winter gets here.

Losing the driver's side front wheel bearings on the F250 was also an unpleasant surpise on the way to the Rally. Changing the bearings and races with a claw hammer and a 1/2 drive ratchet as a punch in a school parking lot was not fun! After three hours, we were back on the road and made it to the Rally. Coming home, there where no issues.

I had a blast and got to share some good stories around the campfire.....I'm sure most of you will never look at blue finger nail polish the same..... :eek::rotflmao

Can't wait to head to Ron's neck of the woods next summer.......... with my crew cab and camper this time.:D

THANKS MEL AND SUZI!!!

Heath

160k87F250

not rocket science
Reaction score
Sooo.....who was leaking fuel leaving the campground yesterday when you all went for a drive? Mel? Chris? Ron?...Any takers? lol At least it looked like a fuel leak trail, and it stopped halfway through the parking lot so it looked like it got fixed. :thumbsup:

John

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Sooo.....who was leaking fuel leaving the campground yesterday when you all went for a drive? Mel? Chris? Ron?...Any takers? lol At least it looked like a fuel leak trail, and it stopped halfway through the parking lot so it looked like it got fixed. :thumbsup:

John

Wasn't me!:D
All of Goldie's fuel issues were located and resolved. (Jared,you win the boobie prize on air in the trans cooler);Sweet

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score

John

Maybee someone stole the Moose Truck,....?;Really

GRU

fear the chicken legs
Reaction score
did the leak trail go out through the exit gate then right up to the front row of parking in front of the restaurant? thats where i parked to check out.

160k87F250

not rocket science
Reaction score
did the leak trail go out through the exit gate then right up to the front row of parking in front of the restaurant? thats where i parked to check out.

Yep. Then it pooled up. Then no more trail! lol I figured someone noticed something and they stopped and fixed it.

John

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Well rally central command has been broken down and we are the sole survivors at camp and will be rolling out tomorrow morning.

A big thank you to the Agnes for pulling off yet another successful rally and 10 years at that!! :hail
Once again the bar has been set high and like many am already looking forward to next years meet.;Sweet