Official 2012 rally

dieselgiant

Dieselgiant
Reaction score
Just got back down south, and I've got to say that I had a blast meeting everybody again. I definitely gonna make plans NOW for next years rally. Hats off to Ron for the hospitality and for guarding my headers.

91idi

Fiberglass *****
Reaction score
Hoped you had found the headers. LOL Ron didn't look like the type to walk away with them

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
I think it took a couple months last year....but that's because Mel had it professionally done IIRC.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Andy thanks for the extra fuel, I needed it. One tank got me to the Ohio Pa border and it took about 2 and a half more to get home after that. We did make a nice lunch stop and plenty of ***** breaks for the kids. The truck is running better but those pa mountains still owned my truck. I also got some real adventure, while pushing my truck hard up a 8% grade back country road I pulled off to let someone pass. Well I was running less than a 1/4 tank in the rear and the jostling off road on a low tank I pulled a huge air bubble in my system and stopped cold.

So here I am engine shut off one the side of a mountain with no guide rail. My tire is litterally less than a foot from the drop off and I am trying not to roll backward down the hill. Took A LOT of cranking and purging the injectors to get it going. Thank God I put dual 31 batteries in and they kept going. Scared me some to when the engine shut off my temp spiked and the temperature light came on and I could hear it boiling over. Once it purged I took off fine though and made it home.

Wow Jred, makes for an exciting ride home, glad you got it going!

Where did you pull off for lunch,...?

Subway,..?.:dunno

;Really

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
Nice Darrin lol, I am actually starting to like subway.

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
So my little gird Starla comes up to me today and poses me a a little question. "Daddy, what number does Ron talk on on that Radio in your truck?" I said "Why? do you want to talk to him?" Of course she said,"Yeah"LOL It was pretty cute I must say. She may not understand the limitations of a CB radio but she certainly had enough fun at the 2012 Rally to make a lasting impression. My 6 year old girl, her brother and sister now has friends scattered across the country due to my obsession with old diesel trucks.:D

Starla made me look back and remember a great time with some great people, thought it was worthy to share and bump an old thread in doing so.;Sweet

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Holy rally thread resurrection!!
Thats cool Goose. Proof that the kids have as much fun as we do!;Sweet

Cant wait for next years rally.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Guys... Reading the rally posts is almost as fine as being at the rallys. Those that have never been able to attend a rally have no idea what they are missing. My rally was the 2009 rally in Bowlinggreen Ky. That has lasted me so many memories too. The members and families one meets and the help offered is beyond compare. Words can't explain what happens at a rally. The campfire talks are way beyond words too. Anyone thinking about attending any rally be it the east west of north just do it. Its the best time a person or family can have. I like road trips so my rally trip was a big rally call from the west coast. We have a small get together here at Towcats a few times a year. They are well attended too. We need to do more of those...:sly:angel::yell::hail