Best Grease?

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok sassyrel dont really recal being asked that and i've took the time to read back ten thread pages of my posts. I've yet to be a smartazzz. Im sorry that I have to use an Iphone to be apart of this site and i have a really hard with my big fingers hitting the right letter much less adding the periods. An not to disrespect you as your an senior member but your the one being and smartazzz adding all the extra commas and periods and that's not how you type correctly either im on this site for trucks not to be an a$$ hole to people nor to correct them as i'm some school teacher and that me being a smartazzz really ****** me off as iv'e never said anything rude to no one on here. By the way I don't give anyone shxt nor am I gonna take any from you and I can lay it on pretty thick if needed. So don't talk to me like I'm your child. Thanks Devon

Last edited:

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also reading threw my posts it is hard to read. Sorry for that i will do my best to keep them more readable.

tbryanh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Pound Out theory in the video is interesting, but it seems the factory might not be testing it properly.

It seems the factory might have chosen a test pressure that showed a better performance for their product.

They chose 43 psi. What happens at 80 psi or 120 psi? Does 43 psi simulate the pressures the heavy equipment machinery exposes the grease to? I bet not. I bet the pressures the heavy equipment machinery exposes the grease to are way higher than 43 psi.

CDX825

filtration nut
Reaction score
I can vouch for the amsoil polymeric off road grease. I use it in the king pins and its the best grease Ive found for them so far. This stuff is very sticky grease. Ive never seen any grease as sticky as this stuff and stays put!

Its not meant for any high speed bearing application but for things like king pins it works good!

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
I can't remember the name of the grease that I use.:dunno

But it is the best :D Why?? Because it's free.;p:rotflmao
I have a five year supply of the stuff.:thumbsup:

tbryanh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can vouch for the amsoil polymeric off road grease. I use it in the king pins and its the best grease Ive found for them so far. This stuff is very sticky grease. Ive never seen any grease as sticky as this stuff and stays put!

Its not meant for any high speed bearing application but for things like king pins it works good!

Will it work in u-joints and wheel bearings in an truck/van?

stumpjumper3

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I think your answer is there. It seems you may want a #2 grease for wheel bearings and anything where there is high speed and load. You can check the manufactures website and they will usually have a note that they recommend this grease for wheel bearings and such. Hope this helps.

tbryanh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I guess wheel bearings are high speed? U-Joints too?

Is there one grease that will work for everything, wheel bearings, u-joints, kingpins, tie rods, etc.?

stumpjumper3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I guess wheel bearings are high speed? U-Joints too?

Is there one grease that will work for everything, wheel bearings, u-joints, kingpins, tie rods, etc.?

I dont have too much experience with all the different brands out there. But in the limited experience i've had, on the farm we have been through many different types of grease. We are members of a co-op so we use alot of CENEX brand products including their grease. I know we went through many different molly base greases and while good, they were extremely messy. We now use CENEX bluegard NLGI#2 grease on everything, it is rated for wheel bearing applications and high speed bearings. We dont have a seperate grease for things like steering components, pins and such, we just keep everything lubed on schedule. In switching over to this grease we have been very happy with it and its versatiltiy. Hope this helps.