Best E4OD trans rebuild kit, NEPA rebuilder?..or buy remand trans?

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
ok my friend has a '95 f-250, the t/c lock (is it a solenoid?) went. the OD light flashes and the trans starts to overheat then slips bad. around town it's ok, but any extended highway driving is terrible. i've read the stock t/c is like 25 SQ/in of fin surface, i've read of a 150 SQ/in fin surface one, who makes it and how much is it? what rebuild kit is recommended for a E4OD? he tows a 2 car trailer with usually his Cj-5 and my Scout II on it. the trans has a +4 QT B&M deep alum. pan, bullydog shift kit, oversized thermostatic cooler and the engine is chipped up. anyone know of a GOOD trans shop in NEPA?? :dunno the ones we've used before kinda sucked. he was contimplating going and buying a Remaned trans from one of the diesel trans builders (TCI, etc..?). he has $3,000 to put into a transmission for it. we're going to use it for hauling our trucks across the country for shows and 4 wheeling events.

Thanks guys!! ;Sweet
-Jon

P.S. i read of a t/c lockup switch conversion, will this help with towing? anyone have the link to it? :confused:

howards@howard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trans shop

I have used Atlantic transmission in Amsbury MA. I sent one in for a rebuld he sent it back fixed. No rebuild needed. Hard to find an honist man. Wifes car 125K on the rebuild still going. You can probable ship it to him. Your going to need most of that 3K. He does all the updates on a rebuild.

jdchristian3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
have it built by a shop... make sure they do a Trans-Go correction package (with the drilling) and shift kit. have use a triple disc billet torque converter also... and get an after market external trans cooler-something big...

aaklingler

Reaction score
There's a guy in Mifflinburg, Central PA that is doing the work for a puller in the area, I can get you his number if you like.