Best $100 I've spent this year haha

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Hey! That caddy in your pics, is that forsale??? Also if you still want it maybe we can work some sort of deal for my ***-COM cable for your VW

Sorry the Caddy is not for sale, That's my shop truck, I had Ron install a 1.9 AAZ Turbo Diesel motor in it and it is slowly getting restored and used. The thing is pretty quick!,...It is good for hualing trans and motors, and gettingt 45 MPG while doing it.

Later!

zpd307

Reaction score
putting/taking off slide ins is a pain the ass.... its the only thing i hate about deer season. and yes for two people, they are ok for room. i had 5 one year at deer camp.... cookoo

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
I will agree they are a pain in the behind... Just remember that when you do take it off that you place the jacks on something that won't sink and also support the floor on something - I used concrete blocks with treated 2x12's ran between them. Then I chained it to the ground via the tie downs - that way I could if needed use it as extra sleeping at the house when family came for a visit. Worked out great.

Talk to Ron the dogmolester he had his sitting on grass and it sank and sort of fell over if I remember correctly.... That is why I parked mine on concrete.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
With a lifted truck like that, it'd be an adventure loading and unloading that puppy, let alone driving around with it. The make a gooseneck to plant it on sounds like a real good idea, or something I've seen a few guys do around here, which is cheaper than buying the parts is they buy a clapped out small gooseneck stock trailer and take the hot knife to it and cut off the top, then bolt the slide in camper down to the stock trailer frame. they've got a nice sturdy 2 axle gooseneck setup that way that pulls through the woods easy.

I had a 12 ft slide in job years ago. that thing was a beast, I even had a little removable tag axle made for it that went behind the rear drive axle to help steady the monster. It was made with one of those torsion bar trailer axles and the tires poked up inside the fenders under compression . That truck didn't have a 1000 pound engine up front to help balance things out, but the camper was right comfortable. The dang overhead bed was a full queensize

Rollin Coal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, mine's a full queen too. Lot's of room. Keep in mind this is $100 camper. I'm really only looking to use it once for Red Bud(motocross race in MI) If it survives that crazy weekend...if not so be it, I'm sure we had fun while it got wrecked haha