Best $100 I've spent this year haha

Rollin Coal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found this thing on kijiji.com(canadian version of craigslist but owned my ebay) Originally wanted $600 and was down to $300. I figured I'd offer him $100 for it even though in the ad he said not to. It's not in the worst shape we'll just use it for partyin at (dirt bike) races. Anyone have a camper on their truck and would care to show me how you have it secured or what the best way is to go about it?
Here's the link
http://london.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...s-10-slide-in-truck-camper-W0QQAdIdZ191601358

My only problem is that my truck is lifted and it's going to be a ***** to load in and out

IH_444

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice score! I'm sorta looking for a slide in as well.
Some campers will bolt through the box, others use chains attaching to brackets that come off the frame and stick out past the box.

Rollin Coal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
She is held with chains.This side is a little rough but whatever, if I get one use out of it I'll be happy. Worst case I turn it into an ice fishing hut next year :)

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Used to have a slide in on the Nanny Goat - they are small but the nice thing is you can park or go just about anywhere.

Now for tie downs...

cheapest way - http://www.rvstuffusa.com/superheavydutycamperholddownsbybrophy.html

I wouldn't trust these to haul very far at all. I used them on the trek home from picking up our used TC and promptly tossed them out once I got home - camper was all over the place in the bed with these and I didn't want to torque the holy buckets out of my bed rails...

Next in line...

http://www.rvstuffusa.com/campertiedownsbyhijacker.html

this works just fine - yes the camper can move a little in the bed but they don't move that much just check the turnbuckles from time to time while traveling and you'll do fine.

Next in line - http://www.rvstuffusa.com/tiedownsystemsforcamperframemountbyhappijac.html

Guys that have the happijac love them - they say the system keeps the camper right where it's planted.

I was looking at these bad boys = http://www.rvstuffusa.com/theultimatetruckcamperframemountedcampertiedownsbytorklift.html

now for the ultimate in tie down systems - I would only invest in these if I had a camper that was New or like new.... -> http://www.stablelift.com/

but hold to yer wallet these bad boys are pricey but check out their videos... Like I said these I would only consider if I had a camper that new or dang near new....

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Instead of worrying with sliding the thing in and out, and the resultant scratches, dings, and hernias, I would fix up a "Moosetail" type trailer and leave the camper permanently mounted to that, maybe even "gooseneck" the "tail" for stability reasons.

A guy I know mounted his old slide-in onto a 20-foot gooseneck flat and had room left over to haul other goodies; he even bolted a big gas grille onto the "front porch" . :thumbsup:

Rollin Coal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WOW! Agrave, thank you very much for all the info!! I would like to try and fabricate something myself I think. I only have $100 tied up in this thing so far and wouldn't want to have more in a mounting kit hahah You've definitely given me some ideas though.

Alex>> ya, I'm a little paranoid about that haha

psychohawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Slide ins require mounting kits if your truck is not outfitted ... plan $300 - $500 to set your truck up. Happijac is the most popular ... you see trucks with "buttons" on the rear bumper and black brackets sticking out from the front of the truck bed.

Good luck,
Carl

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
After having the bar under the goat truck I would fab up one if I ever go back to a slide in. Just get a thick walled 1-1/2 square tube and clamp it to the truck frame because basically that is all the front bar is.

I welded the rear bars to the hitch. The only thing that the purchased ones did was they used a smaller removable tube that would slide into the main tube so that nothing would stick out from the sides of the truck to catch your shins on. They used a pin that slid through with a hair pin to hold them in place. Which trust me with a trip to the steel yard you could come up with everything you needed to make it happen. The bar didn't even bolt on it was flat clamped on.

Rollin Coal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That'd be awesome Darrin. It'll give me an excuse to come down for a beer run. Plus I'd love to steal errr I mean check out your truck ;)

Rollin Coal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey! That caddy in your pics, is that forsale??? Also if you still want it maybe we can work some sort of deal for my ***-COM cable for your VW

Zrock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your going to get the frame mounting system or make one make sure the ends are removable. This year im going to cut mine and sleve them so they are removable. Im always hitting my legs or my head on the stupid things

Rollin Coal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh they will definitely be removable they are at genital height for some. The term "my truck's got balls" would have a whole new meaning haha

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
That'd be awesome Darrin. It'll give me an excuse to come down for a beer run. Plus I'd love to steal errr I mean check out your truck ;)

Hey Sweet truck BTW!

Here is what I have, They came off a truck that I took in, He had a bar running underneath his truck in front of the rear tires welded to the frame, like a hitch receiver with these Tork Lift inserts. Pull the pin and remove them when not in use.

If you want to come and get them you can have them, and you can buy me a beverage. :cheers:and we can shoot the BS for a while,..If you want them shipped I would have to figure out shipping to Canada, but just let me know.

Attachments

• IMG_3470.JPG
    IMG_3470.JPG
    203.7 KB · Views: 6