Banks Big Hoss Bundle

JohnBoyToo

Reaction score
Actually no, Sct (www.sctflash.com) offers a tuner that can be specifically tuned to YOUR truck with YOUR updates(like from innoativediesel)... and inexpensively give you a LOT of safe performance for relatively little money...

IMHO, Banks is an overpriced, underperforming, EXCELLENT marketing company....

How's this for an analogy ?
Banks and SCT are like the stock AM radio in your truck compared to a High end aftermarket am-fm-cd-dvd-nav system :)

Much more bang for the buck....

The SCT with 3 custom programs and an aftermarket Stainless TB exhaust will probably be a 1/3 of the cost of banks and more performance !

One thing banks has that some like is their bigger intercooler.... but it too is costly...

Standstrong

Frankentruck
Reaction score
Well im new to the PS world. Im kinda learning as I go. But I would like a better innercooler, intake, and programmer. As far as exhaust goes. Im torn on what to do there haha

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How many ponies do you suspect your gonna make?

You dont need a better intake or intercooler than stock unless you are going plumb nuts.

Dirtleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How many ponies do you suspect your gonna make?

You dont need a better intake or intercooler than stock unless you are going plumb nuts.

To expand on this a little the stock intake filter is known to be good to 500 hp and gives the best filtration. The banks air filter will let more dirt through the intake.

The SCT also tunes the TCM (trans computer) to balance the transmission with the changes in power. Banks does not do this and thus makes the possibility of burning up the transmission a much more real issue. If you are wanting to tow alot I would steer clear of the Banks.

Dirtleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My opinion would be to get either an SCT or the newly released Spartan Phalanx tuner. The SCT gives you more variety when it comes to the actual people doing the tuning but the phalanx is based on a Dashdaq and can act as a monitor for almost any operational parameter. Both tune the TCM as well.

Get an exhaust with a 4" downpipe. An EGR cooler delete is a popular modification in the high HP arena.

And last but certainly not least if you are really hell bent on pushing it hard put in some headstuds. Insurance.

Be aware that you will most certainly void your warranty with the mods you have planned.

Other than that enjoy your new truck. I'm loving mine.

Standstrong

Frankentruck
Reaction score
Well i dont want to go all out with this beast. Better fuel economy and some bigger balls. I tour alot and Ill be pulling a 20 foot trailer full of gear back and forth cross country. Anyone know how heavy these truck are anyway?

Standstrong

Frankentruck
Reaction score
The truck i have now, tho I love it. Is falling to pieces. And cannot handle long trips. Hell I barely made it an hour driving to Dayton, OH.