Auto-RX

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Sounds pretty long interval, but if you analyze the oil then it must be ok, do you usually drive only highway runs, what makes the oil last longer? I haven't used that long intervals in any of my cars, but then again i haven't ever analysized the condition of oil...

You could go 12-15k miles on dino oil with a bypass filter, which is what the big trucks have been doing for decades, otherwise, 25 years ago diesel oil was only rated for about 1500 miles between changes without a bypass filter by the API ( american petrolium institute ) but with the Lubrifiner bypass filters, 12-15k was fine, then they went to spin on bypass filters on most big trucks and they are less sooty than before, I believe they are going even longer now on dino oil. With synthetic, the only limit with a bypass filter is basically if the oil becomes contaminated with coolant or fuel dilution, or some odd mechanical oddity from an older engine. It's quite common for oil to go over200- 300k on a sound engine with analysis .

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
RLDSL,

The Early 7.3 PSD 94-98 the HPOP runs from 450 - 3000 PSI

The 6.0 PSD 03-07 the HPOP runs from 450 - 4000 PSI

I am sure they do not want ANY dirt in thee HPOP or any of the injectors.....

tractorman86

Reaction score
so i am now at the midway point of the first treatment, i dont notice any difference in power, blowby or milage yet but when i changed the filter i did notice that is was heavier than it has ever been. so i know it is cleaning something i think on the second treatment i will give the wix 51734XE (10 micron instead of 19) a try

Feed Bunk

Cow hand
Reaction score
Im trying auto rx as well. I havent noticed a difference yet either, but Ill be starting the second treatment in about a week.

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
Have you guys ever heard of Z Max? I'm not too sure what kind of treatment it is, but it cleaned stuff out of my eingine that was in there since Desert Storm. It freed up a little power, but most noticably, the crap that was in my oil filter that came from inside the engine was sickening....like it had a bad chest cold.

tractorman86

Reaction score
i didn't know it was a cleaner. i thought it was just a gimick oil additive but then i saw one of their comercials with carrol shelby so maybe it is good stuff.

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
it's not bad stuff, but like anything, it's expensive.....i just hope that it don't tear the valve train out of the truck or tear up my oil pump after reading this post! lol

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
I am not too sure, but if i could judge by smell, i would say yes. It's supposed to soak into the metal and clean the carbon and soot out of the crank case.....and it sure worked! I need to run a better oil now though, I just used the discount stuff at canadian tire when it went on sale....any ideas?

Mat J

Way down south
Reaction score
RLDSL they should pay you for all the advertising :) I might need to give this stuff a try.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm on the 2nd AutoRX treatment and have about 1000 miles to go on that oil. and then have another 3000 or so miles on the final rinse. After which I will switch to some 15W-40 Amsoil Diesel and Marine, or at least that's my current plan. I really didn't have a huge oil consumption problem before. It may have gotten very slightly better so far. My engine was turbocharged at a later stage in its life and with over 200K miles I imagine it does have some wear in there. I had the heads off at around 153,000 miles and there was that worrisome ridge at the top of the bores but there was the factory crosshatching. My truck normally goes 2500-3500 miles on dino diesel, no bypass and its always black, but a little less so since I switched to biodiesel, but I know there's still soot getting in there via blowby. I would not hesitate to go for the stupid long oil change intervals if I had a bypass setup. Not real sure how long I'll be running the 15/40 diesel and marine Amsoil with no bypass. I reckon I could at least go out to 5-6K miles. Any thoughts Robert?

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I'm about 2/3 done with my treatment, and let me tell ya.....

I've always had a really bad leak with my CDR running into my intake, really badly. I think a bad CDR has to do with some of it. Anyways, there was a time when it would leak so much oil out of it that the back of the block, where the very last glow plug was, there was litterally a puddle of oil there about 1/2" deep. It was leaking oil like a sive.

But now, my leak is much, much less. There is still a lot of residual oil back there (havent cleaned it) but no major puddles of oil LOL...and and instead of leaving like 20 drops of oil whenever I park somewhere, I only leak 1 drop per shutdown ;Sweet. I have around 2000 miles on it, and havent had to give it any oil yet ;Sweet.

This stuff does work ;Sweet

tractorman86

Reaction score
he probably meens both, IIRC he is kind of a nay sayer. he doesn't like any kind of addatives oil, fuel or what ever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dieselmainiac

Members online