Atten. Mugwamps. J33300 on Ebay..

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I found this just now on ebay. Its an early kent moore J33300 timing meter with the two probes to time by the clamp type method. I rent these and also the newer J33300-A meters. This price is about at the top of the value but if you price just the magnetic probe you wil se how expensive the parts for these meters are. I wont be bidding on this because I have 4 of them or is it 5... I don't know but this appears to be a nice meter. There is some corrosion on the metal loop bracket for any timing lite connection but thats easily cleaned up if you want to use a lite to time your idi. These meters will time by the lite, the line clamps or the luminosity probe timing. They are very versitle meters.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kentmore-Ta...ls&hash=item4ac72ffe84&vxp=mtr#ht_1149wt_1161

metalminded

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if people here bid they should post to this thread... that way maybe members wont get into a bidding war with each other.... unknowingly at least :rolleyes:

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
This is why I posted this here. I'm all for helping out my brothers and not have them bid against each other. But sometimes it does happen..

pwjackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just added this to my watch list. I will watch it closely and I think I will bid if the price does not get run up close to the ending time. My ebay name is pauljackson42.

8seconds

Looking to Modify
Reaction score
I've noticed that two more meters have came up for sale on ebay. Question is there a difference between the J-33300 and the J-33300-A. I noticed that the two that are on there now, have been listed to time the Chevy 6.2 and 6.5. My understanding, correct me if I'm wrong, that they should be able to set timing on the 6.2, 6.5, 6.9 and the 7.3?

Thanks

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
8seconds.. You are correct about these meters being differant. I have explained the differances but will do it again because we have new members here all the time. The J33300 meter is the older meter and if it has a red digital readout its no longer supported nor repairable. I recommend not buying one of those unless you get it for next to nothing. The J33300-A meters are well supported and repairable. I have 4 or 5 of those meters. Two are neededing repairs. These meters will time and chevy idi or Ford id engines no matter the displacement. These meters with time by the timing lite. The luminosity probe or the ever popular clamp on probe timing. I do not have the kent moore timing lite but most any will work with these meters. I have several lumonosity probes and harness setups too. I really wont use them because we need to test the diesel fuel to know what the cetane is by the hydrometer method. Those testers come up on ebay sometimes. A new J33300-A meter will cost a little more than $600.00. Mag probes if ruined or missing ar around $375.00 as are the lumonosity probes. The harness for that is around $150.00 and the clamp probe costs around $125.00 and the harness is around $160.00 for that too. So you see the costs for missing or damaged parts can run up there more than the asking price for some of the ebay meters. Be careful about the seller that tell you the item lites up when poer is applied but no way to test it. That usually is a sure sign it does not work and your going to get screwed. If you want information on any timing meters found out there please ask. Several of us can help you determine if they are ok or not.

8seconds

Looking to Modify
Reaction score
Icanfixall, appreciate the quick response. The information you shared was very informative, which raised some red flags with one of the two I have been watching on eBay. I don't know if you have looked lately at the two additional ones. Wish I could figure out how to post the ad on here to make it easier, but anyway.

The one listed for $500.00 appears ok, but not completely sure before I stick my neck out there.

Maybe the Mods. could make this into a sticky or something to assist others in the future.