ATS turbo ID?

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup, thats the inlet for the gasses. Its definitely a pre-turbo position. I have my pyro sensor there and I see no problem with that location. You are going to have to pull the Y pipe to install it in the truck. Its an interference fit that tends to get very stiff after a while, but some minor heat will get it out. My kit didn't come with the oil line or valve cover, its worth getting those....

Seems to be in good shape, the bent pipes don't appear to be rusty.

Cat_Rebel

Does not compute
Reaction score
Oh okay, now that I look at it more I see what you mean. Just not used to that alien setup that ATS fabbed up. I'll see if my autometer probe will fit into the bung, if not I'll plug my gauge into the probe that's already there.
Where did you get your oil line? He said it's kinda banged up but he'll get it anyways, atleast I could use it as a mock to get a new one.

The truck lived it's life in the south so it's rust free. Probably take some degreaser & a wire wheel to some of the junk then give it a coat of BBQ paint to seal it up before winter.

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ended up making my oil line out of 5/16" steel line and wielding on a fitting on the turbo end with a double flair fitting on the engine side. I was kinda stuck with mine and didn't have an easy source for an oil line. I do not recommend trying to make a line like I did because mine kept cracking. Its holding now after my dad showed me how to prevent the embrittlement that was happening.

The T4 center section on the T04B turbocharger that this kit uses is VERY common and any turbo or performance supplier should be able to get you what you need.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I ended up making my oil line out of 5/16" steel line and wielding on a fitting on the turbo end with a double flair fitting on the engine side. I was kinda stuck with mine and didn't have an easy source for an oil line. I do not recommend trying to make a line like I did because mine kept cracking. Its holding now after my dad showed me how to prevent the embrittlement that was happening.

The T4 center section on the T04B turbocharger that this kit uses is VERY common and any turbo or performance supplier should be able to get you what you need.

My oil line is a braided stainless fuel line off of a helicoptor, if I remember right ;Sweet. Russ made it up from of those fuel lines they had laying around at his work.

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got pictures of mine too but the dam cell phone won't upload to the PC with while its charging (stupid POS).

I'll try and get them here as soon as I can, but the location that manky shows is a good one as well.