arp 7.3 12pt nut size?

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to make a new thread about something so silly, anyone know what size socket i need for the 12pt arp headstuds on the 7.3? thanks

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dont thin kits a 1/2" head size..its a 1/2" stud size

i believe it takes a 5/8th socket but would like confirmation before i buy one.

6.9l ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well 1/2"-13 or-20 bolts use 3/4" socket, but ARP could be different.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry to make a new thread about something so silly, anyone know what size socket i need for the 12pt arp headstuds on the 7.3? thanks

Why not go to Sears or Some place similar and purchase a whole 12 point SAE socket set on a rail? Then if ever you need another you got it....for what ever reason.

When ever I need ONE socket I explain to the Super that this is a need and I may as well get a whole set...usually works well.

Got lots of tools this way...

Heck she asked me to buy her a 4 1/2" grinder the other day so I did, and some cut off wheels and a selection of flap wheels etc. Here is your grinder, do you want some cut off wheels too? Ya ok here have half a dozen, that enough? Ya...OK keep those disks that came with the grinder too BTW I don't need them I still have some ;) so I scored and she scored!

Yuppers any excuse to buy tools is a good one...Oh look something shiny!

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
was going to borrow a socket from the engine guys at work. Saw a 12 pt 1/2" drive socket set but metric on amazon for 17 bucks..but..it smetric. 9/16 is close to 14 mm but not exact. and i cant find the std equivleent of that kit, grrr.

i dont have the time these days to be driving out to stores shopping for tools. i get 3 hours after work to work on my truck and i use every minute of that!

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just measured the nut. Its .706 inch or exactly 18mm..

ordereing a materic set. i found even on my np205 a metric socket fit way way nicer than the sae its supposed to take.