Anyone want a turbo in Florida

subliminal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is that turbo rebuildable or replacable? ive also heard about issues with the zf5 and clearance with the pipes?

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You might get lucky and the bearings will be fine. You never know till you check it out.

subliminal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea im really thinking about it, i called him on both #'s but he didnt answer. i e mailed him so maybe he'll call back tommorrow? im wondering if he plans on giving up the whole engine for that or if its just the turbo. i have a good upper end in out back and if that one has a decent crank i might be able to rebuild one of them and drop it all in as 1. my engine is fine but having a spare is nice. it sounds like it might have block worm or it may just be the hg like he says?

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From the way the ad reads, it looks as if its the entire motor. If you need a crank or even an entire spare motor, I have a buddy over in St Augustine thats looking to sell off everything he has for cheap. I think he even still has a 94 turbo idi block and assembly.

subliminal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just need a crank for the spare. i havent decided if im going to persue the spare idea though. btw my 91 idi parts truck has a good 2wd e4od that was an aamco rebuild just before teh bottom end started to knock in the engine. i wanted to get that out and sell/trade it for something vefore i take teh carcass to the crusher. its a 91 ex cab 2wd with a great cab has a little dent in teh bed. i might let the whole thing go cheap to someone who needs one. i may not go turbo and just wait till i find a 12v cummins locally. ill go look at that one. does your guy have a turbo kit too?

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought the one that he had not to long ago. He has a cranks also. He tore down a bunch of motors to build a 6.9 block with 7.3 idi turbo internals.

Ill keep my eyes out for a 12 valve, Ive seen them cheap every once and awhile. I do have a good running 7.3 in a crewcab that Im looking to get rid of if you know anyone interested. Im looking at parting the truck out to complete another truck im getting.

With that 7.3 engine, you could always sell the turbo kit for 5 or 6 and check the head gaskets on the motor and see if thats what it needs. If the injection pump is good, I could use one. Mine leaks fuel out the advance arm pretty bad. There are a bunch of parts just on the motor that are worth some money.

Id probably get it but Im picking up another truck and have insurance and tags due this month.

subliminal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i spoke to the guys father who is in the hospital for cancer treatment. he still has it. im going to ride out there tonight to look at it.

my concern is the downpipe and the zf5 being his is the e4od. ive heard about clearance problems with the downpipe on the zf 5.

it was a really sad story the father said they just spent 1900 on the rebuild e40d 4wd tranny and then it started smoking really bad. the kid thought it was the ip and was told it was 180 out so he messed with teh timing cover and gear and it needs the ip put back on right. i told the guy it might just be the oil cooler seals and that it also could be cavitation and i explained that whole issue. he seemed to just really need them money so ill prob get it and tear into it. its the whole engine with all acc he said. he wanted me to mention the tranny to anybody that might need one as it was a fresh rebuild.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance