Anyone try the borgwarner plugs yet?

Andylad13

DieselBoy
Reaction score
i might want to upgrade, buy why does the advertisment say fast starts down to 22*? shouldnt it be down to 0 and further????

adam g

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know about the temp range but I have used bw parts in the shop I work at and had good luck. We spend over 60 grand a year at oreilly's and a large chunk of that goes towards borg parts. Not a bad chunk for me being the only tech

4x4TruckinGirl

"Cowgirl"
Reaction score
I think jake (tractorman86) is fixin to order him a set, might want to check with him and see how that goes..... I was gunna get them but I ended up getting the beru's for less.....

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same here, like Sam I was fixin to get me a set, but found a good deal on Beru's so I went for those instead.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Berus are tried and true. I'm not too impressed with starts down to 22*F I can get that with my Berus and 2 good batteries and that's about as cold as it normally gets here. With good glow plugs and the right oil, good batts I've heard of guys in Alaska and Canada getting good starts much much colder than 22*F.

4x4TruckinGirl

"Cowgirl"
Reaction score
Surey them BW's will start the truck in colder than 22*...... maybe they should have phrased that differently on their page or something......

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fast start sounds like fast glow to me. I made the mistake of trying a set of wellmans that would heat up in 5 seconds instead of 10 (I got them from MWFI thinking they were berus, but tried them anyway). Long story short, I have a rebuilt engine now. I have burned out a set of Beru plugs once when I had a bad glow plug controller and they all came out intact. The wellmans all lost their tips. Fast glow plugs don not impress me at all.

If you want to try a new glow plug type, than do a bench test and compare the results to a beru plug. Fail both plugs and see what happens.