Anyone ever used ....

performancelaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone ever used an ac condenser as a tranny cooler ? Looking for feed back as to how to clean it out and if it'll work ?

performancelaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about mounting it under my bed ( remember I have a flat bed ) and hooking 2 fans to it. But making it where I can run just one fan or run both when pulling heavy. What do you think. I know its to big to put under the hood. I got it off an 2005 Chevy 2500 hd.

idi traveler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have always heard that they make great coolers, but! There is always a but. I have heard some question if they will flow enough to be an effective cooler. Now that being said, hook a water hose up to it and see how long it takes to fill a 5 gal bucket to test its flow rate. Then ask the different after market manufacturers what the flow rate is on there products. Or if you have an old trans cooler laying around try it.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't recommend it, the fins inside the tubes, if it is that type are not made to flow a thicker liquid, I havent found one that will flow enough ever.
My2c's

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
I did it on an 85 F-250 I used to have. I used the A/C condenser that was already on it so it fit pretty well. :D I just flushed it with carb cleaner and compressed air and it worked great.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin