Any intrest in a turboed 7.3l?

Cat_Rebel

Does not compute
Reaction score
Ok yet another "What's it worth" thread.....

I would like to sell the engine in my 93, it has 170,000 miles & was a factory non turbo motor. I added a ATS 088 turbo in October 08, rebuilt it before it was installed & makes & holds boost.
Just thought I would see if anyone on here knew what to ask for it or if any of you guys want it. Rather not seprate the turbo but, if the price is right money talks. ;Really

Cat_Rebel

Does not compute
Reaction score
are ya gonna do it?!?!?! PSD?

ya lets here it what u gonna do

Wow I need to come on here more often. LOL

Okay the story goes my buddy got a rolled over 94 PSD with a 5sp but it still runs good. I was hoping to get the engine/wiring & tranny & swap it in. But he already has most of it parted out.

Sooooo I have been playing with mine since Wed. Finally figured out why the OD light kept blinking, the converter is slipping in OD going up hills. So I dropped the tranny by myself, in my garage, 20* & no heat & got everything ready for the new converter. Did a shift kit on a buddy's truck on Friday but didn't get it quite right so fixed that by 2pm Sunday & had my tranny & converter bolted up by 7pm. Have to get some small parts tomorrow, get fluid, hook up driveshafts, check it & drive it.

So yes I am keeping the IDI & E4OD until further notice.

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
i **** the converter in my service truck e40d but it blew up we had a spare converter laying around and put that in got a service call 2 days later got to the call fine but when i was done 100miles from home get in the truck to head back took off and i was stuck in second gear at that point the trans was allready gone so i just drove it home
so just repalcing your converter should be just fine