Another heart saved from the crusher

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice.The good thing about sourcing one from the F-450, is that they don't take the same load as they do in trucks since the F-450's come with deep gearing,which reduces a lot of stress.
Other valuable parts to grab is the 4wd trans,the driveline brake and hydroboost (with brake pedal).

Last edited:

blaz4wd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep the hydro boost & pump came with this motor. But a buddy is keeping the other hydro boost and the manual zf 5 transmission & pedals for his project.But I was also able to grab another hydro boost pump off another truck. So I have a spare pump. So far I'm only $200 bucks down.

Kizer

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well done.
I'm jealous...been looking for a 450 parts truck for a while now.

FarmerFrank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well done.
I'm jealous...been looking for a 450 parts truck for a while now.

I have found the F450's are either dirt cheap or crazy high money. I've bought a few now for parts and have never lost a nickel parting one out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kizer

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have found the F450's are either dirt cheap or crazy high money. I've bought a few now for parts and have never lost a nickel parting one out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Down here they seem to be on the "crazy high" side.

Cruiseomatic

Defining Insanity
Reaction score
That's what I need I have the non HB manual trans pedals. But I was just going to grind out the pin and move it to we're I need it.

Since the HB pedals are "hard" to come by, I'd rather trade than sell it... Pulled mine out of a 88 450. Almost got the whole assembly but I wasn't about to drop $60 for it since it was going to the crusher 3 days later.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online