Another Ebay Score....

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Well... I have been watching for another J33300-A meter so come along and here it comes... Wow is all I can say about what I got and how I got it. The listing was started at $199.00 and no buy it now price.... So I asked the seller if there was a bin price....:eek: Answer I got was... What is your offer.... Well I felt $275.00 was a rock bottom deal seeing just the meter sells for over $600.00...:eek::angel: And each luminosity probe is $375.00 from Kent Moore... And each line clamp is around $80.00....:eek::love::hail:rotflmao I'm as happy as a puppy with two petters right now....:rotflmao:slycookoo Yeah... I know how much I suck finding these "deals" all the time but one just needs to ask the seller I guess... I really have never asked a seller anything before... Maybe I found something else that works.... At this time I only have one meter that working and two meters have been shipped to Mn for estimates on repairs. So when I get this meter here and the others repaired I will have 8 kent moore j33300 meter available. I probably will be selling off the surplus someday... Can't leave that for the wifey to do... She has no idea about what I do or have but she sure can talk some crap about the Arabian horse and who bred them or who rides them or cheats riding them.... Not my cup o crap either... I'm strickly an idi man... And damn proud of it...:D PS... I never go out to other forums surfing whats going on... Don't care to leave home....:dunno:angel:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/160767672698?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Well now... How the heck do I know if it works or not....;Poke:angel::D I'm really hopeing this meter works but... See all those luminosity probes... Theres 4 of them. Kent Moore still sells them for $375.00 each... I wont be useing them thats for sure. See the clamps for our injector lines.. Those are around $80.00 each... See that luminosity probe harness kinda hidden on the left of center of the meter panel... Thats around $125.00 and I wont be using that either. So even if the meter is ***** I will be selling off all the parts and probes. Hell... Even the magnetic probe is $275.00 all by itself. So yeah... This was a lucky deal to find the way I did. So if this meter is all that and then some I will have another meter to offer in the rental program. Once again I would like to thank all those good members that have participated in the rental program. It makes me feel good to offer something at a fair price to those that need the timing. Its a real shame nobody offers thia at any locations across this country and in Canada....

boosted power

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's some serious coin for such a limited application tool. Is there a reason that these are preferable to using a ferret adapter with a regular digital advance timing light?

LARRY RANALLO

Reaction score
good i had been waching that one also, manny line clamps, one of those probes looked like a glowplug to me? im happy you got it.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Yes.. Thats is a 6.9 glow plug. I'm kinda wondering why thats part of this meter. Why is this meter better than other meters... Its not a "mines better than yours" thing. The ferrit meters are a great tool also but the kent moore j33300-a meters are still made by kent moore and all the parts are available. These meters will time any brand or type of engine gas or diesel with the proper adapters for other engines. They can time by 4 differant methods. For me the clamp type pulse method is prefered because once the probe connections are cleaned to bare metal all you do is press the bottom rocker switch and see that the digital display reads all zeros. Then you start and rev to 2000 rpm and read the display for the timing. The meter processer will tell you what the timing is in whole degrees and tenths of a degree. Then the meter will time by the luminosity type method. I don't use that method nor do I recommend it because to do it correctly you need to know the fuel cetane and then calculate what the timing is. The other timing method is simalar to the above but add an adjustable timing lite. Only issue with that is you no longer have the true ability to time down to a tenth of a degree because now your dependant completely on the angle the lite hits the timing tab. With the V belt engines that a tuff spot to reach because of the vacuum pump. And finally these meters will time any gas engine by using a timing lite. So these meters are very capable of getting the job done several differant ways.. And do it down to a tenth of a degree too. All the above is from my lifetime experiances and it will change when "things" change too. My way of timing is not the only way either. I have a lot of respect for the meter and the way Mel times these engines. He has a Snapon MT 1480 meter that has a working black box that converts the line pulse into a readable message in the cumputer. These meters are no longer made nor are they repairable. But its my opinnion they are the best type of meter. I have three of them but my one and only black box is not working properly. The last snapon meter was brand new in several factory sealed containers. I paid $99.00 for it as did two other members. None of them worked. I kept mine because its like a museum piece of history. And someday I may find the black box on ebay. In the last 3 years I have seen only one...

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I got my Kent Moore J33300-A meter yesterday and finally opened it up to have a look see.. Wow is all I can really say. The Snapon luminosity probes are new, never been used. I have two line clamp harness's instead of one. The sellers pics just showed a mess of wires so I couldn't see the two bundled together. All the clamps are new or hardly used. The magnetic probe is in great shape too. I will be testing this meter later on. Then when I know it works I will offer it in the rental program to all that want it.
So far I have not heard anything about the two meters I sent to Mn for repairs. That will probably take some time yet but I can wait. At this time I have one meter in NC and its available to anyone and this meter here in Ca that needs to be tested before it goes out. I would never send out a meter that I knew didn't work. And as always, I'm still "watching" ebay for meters....:angel::D

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Awesome score Gary....just awesome...

ifn yer selling some line clamps, I'ld be interested in what I don't have for my meter....so two other sized ones Gary..I"ll get back to you for certain what size I have ...

Love lumi probes but don't see need for em at this point...got guys getting ready to be timed here now;) nice eh!