American made parts.

adam g

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would like to know what products I can buy from my local parts store that are American made. I went through the shop today. Wix filters are, the filters they make for napa are not. All of my mufflers(imco flowmaster magnaflow) all of my cats(catco) and all of my tubing is made in the usa. Some of my diesel mufflers are made in Canada, by Shuttleworth, but its a very good muffler and buying Canadian doesn't bug me. Buying China Mexico etc does bug me. Some Gates products are made here some are not. I want to know what all I can buy American for my trucks and for my customers. I imagine that this post will get moved but I hang out here and I want your thoughts. I want to help our economy out were I can

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
I totally understand your stand here. It really ****** me off to see so many people driving Honda's. Hell my Mitsubishi Eclipse is more American made than most general motors crap anymore.
Thank you Bill Clinton for NAFTA, what an idiot.

1994IDI

Reaction score
Wish I could help, I take a big interest in this subject. I'm not sure about parts though.

sassyrel

Reaction score
I totally understand your stand here. It really ****** me off to see so many people driving Honda's. Hell my Mitsubishi Eclipse is more American made than most general motors crap anymore.
and gatt---and the union i belonged to at one time--said it was the best thing since apple--we argued about that for a while--three years later--i told them same idiots--told ya so--but they were hard core leftists

adam g

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know Wagner brakes are an American company but too many times I got a set of rotors with made in the USA stickers on the box but made in taiwan on the rotor. Borg Warner does sell relays made in independence Ks. They and Echlin are under the same ownership iirc. Gates does have a plant in Iola Ks, but there label states to refer to product for country of origin. I have gotten timing belts made in England and Israel from them. I just want names of companies that still make my parts in America so I can purchase them.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Forgot that one, yep Timkens are the only way to go IMO. Every other bearing we've ever ran only lasts about half as long as a Timken will. But there's only one place to get them anymore, and thats a precision bearing shop.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score

Not to get all political, but actually, NAFTA was Ronald Reagans, see here , and then his successors baby .Clinton was just the last yo-yo in the chain who finally signed the finished papers. Those papers had been in the works for years.I just can't believe that he signed them after his history in Arkansas of protecting and bringing in jobs ( It was most likely due to the make up of both houses at the time, it was a done deal weather he liked it or not , there was enough steam behind it for a congressional veto override so it would have been futile to try to stop it). It wouldn't have mattered who was in the hot seat, that deal was going to happen. The big businesses wanted it too bad. Most had been buying land in Mexico near the border for years before hand. They knew it was a done deal. They always get their money's worth.

It doesn't matter which batch of brainless morons put this mess together, we're all suffering because of it. , either in lost jobs, or in not being able to buy anything that doesn't break due to quality control issues, even what used to be name brands are producing to the lowest common denominator to try and stay competitive( read that turning out junk ) I am getting so sick of buying things that are bad out of the box that it has got just plain silly.30 years ago we NEVER would have accepted this as a part of everyday life!

What really makes me sick is I've had to completely give up on buying American made AC compressors, after getting junk after junk, unfortunately, my regular supplier has top quality chinese made ones that never fail. Now that really turns my stomach , but I can't keep putting on compressors that I know are going to fail. I have to go with the best quality, and it is no longer the American made units. That right there is a pretty sad sign of what it's come to.

adam g

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I buy Murray a/c compressors. They are made/rebuilt in Texas. I have had a problem with a rebuilt or two but I can't recall ever having a problem with a new one. I install 1-3 a week through the summer for the last 4 years.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately it is a moving target as I recently learned with my Ford parts. About the best you can do is monitor sites like http://madeinusa.com and http://madinusa.org and try to buy the brands that are based here and known to at least have some domestic output. Unfortunately these sites don't do a good enough job of weeding out the "false prophets".