Am I Impatient or is it More?

idi traveler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After the past Month I've been thinking along the line of installing a epump for priming. Ten minutes ago I found out the Hard line to the fuel pump had a 10 second drip while running. And enough air bleeding the system down in 10 minutes, Not now. But I might still install a priming epump.

What was funny was that the leak was only on the tank with diesel, but not with the WMO tank.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if you can make it down to the SJC area, i have a couple of feed lines from the filter to the pump you can choose from.

bghnkinf350

Reaction score
Okay, So I went outside and messed with the truck some more. My glow plugs were wasted apparently, so I replaced them - no change. I took off the return line off the top of the IP, and found fuel spurting out of my injection pump when I cranked the engine - is this normal, or could this be my problem?

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
No... Fuel must leave the injection pump when the fuel solenoid is open and the engine is cranking. When the solenoid is closed the engine shuts down... Thats how we kill these engines. Remember... No spark plugs so there is no ignition system to deal with... To make out engines a dooms day engine we need a manual fuel shutoff setup and an air guillotine valce to cut off air to the intake manifold... If we have a manusl fuel shutoff these engines can be bump started and run without any electrical power to run anything on the engine... Us with auto trans are sol....:eek::angel:

bghnkinf350

Reaction score
Okay, thanks, so what would likely be my next course of action? Is there anything I could have overlooked, or am I looking at a new IP?