Alrighty boys - can't shift into gear

warhog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have two red something or nother 2ton jacks. I feel like i'm going to break it everytime i try and jack it up. I may tinkerwith it this weekend. And i have plans to replace my front bumper with a new one from LMC. It's all bent too and ruins the slant nose look lol

warhog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
finally put the girl to work! I was pulling out of a side road when i seen a ~04 f350 crew cab stuck in the middleof the road with what seemed like a fine lookin bitty. she was tiny as hell so i got all excited thinking about her driving the big truck. I pull up next to her to offer my help...turns out she's about 15. ugh. Shoulda wore my glasses. But none the less, she said her mom went to go get a gas can and she stayed with the truck. She asked "do you think you can pull me over to the side of the road?" psh, i laughed and said "put it in neutral wen I tell you, and we'll go find your mom."

My truck did surprisingly well. I dragged it down to the gas station and pulled it right up to the pump for her lol. I got a little too confident turning into the parking lot, and her truck kicked my ass over a bit, but the ol idi kept on pullin! Mom was all sorts of impressed and happy, i'm just disapointed the girlie wasn't more of age. haha.

warhog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
beats me, i haven't fixed it. parts store gave me **** when i asked about the exchange process they said because i ordered it off their website they can't do it. i didn't feel like arguing dumb logic so i've just been driving it.It's manageable. I'm actually wondering if it's the column. I mean everything in the front end except the column is new. Sure it happens, ya can get a bad part. But what are the chances of a bad box from the parts store having the exact amount of play as the 27 yr old box? What kind of bearings are we looking at in the column that might cause this?

warhog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks unfortunetly they only have about 4 parts for our trucks, none of which are bearings lol. I checked out LMCtruck and there's a few bearings in there, along with a million other parts that make my head hurt. I think i'll go play in a junkyard and see what i find when the time comes.

Shadetreemechanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
without reviewing the 15 prior pages I can't remember if the rag joint has been mentioned. Check that. Whether its the box or column can easily be determined with someone working the wheel and another head under the hood.

warhog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks bud, the shaft has been replaced with a u joint shaft so no rags for me. I have the same amount of play with the key just turned to on if that makes any difference. I'll upgrade to a redhead when I get some time and cash, but i'm just wondering if my problem is elsewhere. Seems too far fetched for a bad box from the store to have the same amount of play as my old box. But anythings possible! Heck, the the thing is still leaking so who the heck knows.

warhog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey how do I know what U joints I have in my drive shaft? Searching brought up a few different sizes. Supposed to be gorgeous this weekend so Id like to get them replaced along with the anchor.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7